Crazy 250bb hand $1/$2

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
This hand I am just posting for entertainment purposes. Villain is pretty drunk on his 10th beer and is starting to berate people for their "bad play." He got caught bluffing with a missed OESD previous hand for a $700 pot and doubled up an Indian guy who made a sweet call on the river with A4 on a K467Jrun out against T5 (drunk guy). The hand I am posting is 2 hands later from the hero call.

Drunk guy on tilt is in the BB and says all in before he even looks at his cards. I asked the dealer if its binding (which I already knew it was). However, the dealer said its not binding. WTF? Later I had to go to the main floor person and let them know the dealer is not making players commit based on verbal action. Dealer was saying its only an all in if he says it and puts in his chips in. It has to be physical and verbal. This is where we disagreed. If the action doesn't change before it gets to the BB meaning no one raises (your allowed to limp) then the BB is forced to go all in based on his verbal commitment.

$1/$2/$2 (open is $5)
UTG ($500) calls $5
*everyone knew BB was going all in and had over $1,000 in front of him
Folds around to the BB saying "i dont give a shit im all in."
UTG tanks for a good 3 minutes and eventually drunk guy calls clock.
Eventually UTG calls $495 more all in for a nice 500bb pot ($1,000)

What hands would you call with here for 250bb preflop?

My spade iconds and spoiler are not working, so i'll put it in the next post.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Board ($1,000) :Kc:9d:4s:7s:2d
    Drunk guy was all in blind with :6s:4c and UTG Indian guy made a sick call super high variance with :Jh:7h
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm playing within my bankroll I call with 99+, ATo+, and KQo. High variance but I think I'd take the chance.
  • Renato_LRenato_L Red Chipper Posts: 190
    Ax, broadway cards...
    I was thinking K9o+ vs all in dark. I didn't think UTG knew he was dark, but I was paying attention. If he is doing it every hand I am calling K9+ despite the high variance. I came across a spot similar where I called A9, but that is the lightest call ive made as these occasions dont come up often. Thankfully I won 100bb stack against K3o.
    Ninjah wrote: »
    If I'm playing within my bankroll I call with 99+, ATo+, and KQo. High variance but I think I'd take the chance.

why not 77 or A8? Im fine with my range, but I think you can go wider.
    Renato_L wrote: »
    Ax, broadway cards...

This I like. I might fold some J10 and QT hands but call the rest of it.

I am thinking
    77+ A8+ K9+

Trying to avoid flips so to speak with 22-66 against overs and would like to have some of his range dominated. My initial thought was Q7o+ because that is the computer hand, but Idk if that applies to being this deep.
  • dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    When you call with j7, I'm actually rooting for the drunk dude.... Is that bad?
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    I was thinking K9o+ vs all in dark. I didn't think UTG knew he was dark, but I was paying attention. If he is doing it every hand I am calling K9+ despite the high variance. I came across a spot similar where I called A9, but that is the lightest call ive made as these occasions dont come up often. Thankfully I won 100bb stack against K3o.
    Ninjah wrote: »

why not 77 or A8? Im fine with my range, but I think you can go wider.
    Renato_L wrote: »
    Ax, broadway cards...

This I like. I might fold some J10 and QT hands but call the rest of it.

I am thinking
    77+ A8+ K9+

Trying to avoid flips so to speak with 22-66 against overs and would like to have some of his range dominated. My initial thought was Q7o+ because that is the computer hand, but Idk if that applies to being this deep.

I originally thought about adding 88 and JTs to my calling range here and I might be inclined to call with those hands too.
  • CoolHandLukeCoolHandLuke Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Entertaining for sure! My first ever live cash session had a couple guys like this at my table, drunk and shoving with zero equity. Getting their money was fun.
    When you call with j7, I'm actually rooting for the drunk dude.... Is that bad?

A lot of us do this unless the drunk guy is leaving. We don't want a nit to get the money otherwise it leaves the table or is pretty much in lock down unless there is a cooler.

Especially short stack fish. I always root for them. Not out loud though. Just say good luck and that's about it.
  • bleedTiltbleedTilt Red Chipper Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Was it truly blind? If so calling merely becomes a calculation of how much variance you are willing to accept.
    bleedTilt wrote: »
    Was it truly blind? If so calling merely becomes a calculation of how much variance you are willing to accept.

Imo he was blind. He started saying all in before he even got his cards. Never seen him look at them either. They were still spread out on the table and not stacked on top of each other. If he did look hes a magician. Idk if utg knew this or not..i think they both just basically flipped for $500.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file