Folding To A Short Stack

moldyfishmoldyfish Red Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
Peepz,

Here is a hand that was for me very read based but I'm looking for if I made the right play if there were no reads.

Hand: AsJd Eff Stack: $105 Blinds: $1/$2 Pos: BTN

Preflop:
-Everybody limps in front
-I raise to $18 on the BTN with AJo
-(v)UTG calls (87)
-Everyone else folds

Flop:
Pot at $49
Ac/Td/8h
-UTG checks/I bet $25/UTG calls (62)

Turn:
Pot at $99
6s
-UTG leads out all in for $62

Now on no reads alone, what is my action? I don't LOVE my hand. UTG's action seems like he likes his hand. You'd think this is sort of a protection bet or else he'd check? Or that the 6 helped in some way? So I fold, right?

Now with a little back ground, this is the player I busted in the last hand I posted when I checked it down to the river in a 3bet pot. I think he is capable of bluffing but he also knows I think he is capable of bluffing.

Now with all reads included. He said things like "Not much" when I asked how much. "Give me back some of what you took from me." I asked if he'd show if I fold and he said "Yeah I guess so... what does that tell you?" I just felt like he was too talky for it to be a hand like a flopped set, but regardless, I felt beat.
I fold. Villain shows 8c6c for two pair.

Comments

• MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Call. Lots of weak suited aces in limp-call range, or just shoving their J9 or something if they feel pot stuck. Obviously could be beat, but pot is too big to worry I think.
  • ChibberChibber Red Chipper Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    Hardly ever folding in this spot. If he has AK, AQ, or some weird 2 pair so be it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file