TT in Sb 3-bet and called by 3 players

AshleyAshley Red Chipper Posts: 50
PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 127.06 BB (VPIP: 24.50, PFR: 17.88, 3Bet Preflop: 9.32, Hands: 310)
Hero (SB): 108.08 BB
BB: 204.9 BB (VPIP: 28.85, PFR: 21.15, 3Bet Preflop: 12.00, Hands: 52)
UTG: 319.12 BB (VPIP: 42.31, PFR: 26.92, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 26)
MP: 95.14 BB (VPIP: 17.84, PFR: 12.99, 3Bet Preflop: 4.57, Hands: 2,421)
CO: 141.16 BB (VPIP: 22.07, PFR: 16.52, 3Bet Preflop: 6.37, Hands: 939)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :Td: :TH:

UTG raises to 2 BB, fold, CO calls 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, UTG calls 10 BB, CO calls 10 BB, BTN calls 10 BB

Flop: (49 BB, 4 players) :3d: :3c: :4s:
Hero bets 30.26 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 30.26 BB

Turn: (109.52 BB, 2 players) :4C: :
Hero

Aggro possible fish raises and 2 callers, I decide to 3-bet and all called. I think the c-bet is standard here, I get called by the last caller on the BTN who seems would have called the flop with 22-JJ, 56s, A3s, A4s, A2s...I think this is a shove on the turn. What do you guys think?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your cbet sizing can be smaller given that you squeezed. If they call the flop i don't include 2s.
    33-TT*(i think jj 3 bets pre vs a min raise). 56s and A3s. I think A4 finds a fold vs a squueze and large cbet. I think since you already put in close to 40% of your stack you gotta go with it but i expect to run into trips or quads here often. Kinda sucks... Maybe I'm being bias because i made similar play a while back that i posted on here as well and ran into 33 on a 322 flop.

Similar situation where they called initial raise then over called the squeeze as well. Its a very pocket pair heavy range.

When i say go with it. I think shoving forces out all his bluffs. I think check calling might be best and hopefully he shows up with 65s or 55-99. For the most part a turn shove folds out anything worse.
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Shove this turn. His range is heavily weighted toward 55-99. Clearly a thin value play but I prefer to checking and calling, which also has some merits.

It's hard to know whether a guy running 24/17 is more likely to make calling vs betting errors, so it's a bit of a toss up. Does he "protect" his small pp if checked to (or turn his hand into a bluff)? Will he hero call thinking we wouldn't bet an overpair on board this? I have no easy answers for you.
  • AshleyAshley Red Chipper Posts: 50
    He seemed to be more on the passive side. AFq:35%; I generally think players don't fold too many over pairs especially when the pots that big. If I were to bet smaller on the flop. How would it play out?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashley wrote: »
    He seemed to be more on the passive side. AFq:35%; I generally think players don't fold too many over pairs especially when the pots that big. If I were to bet smaller on the flop. How would it play out?

Even 20bb is fine to bet with 96bb left and 49bb already in on the flop.

I don't mind turn shove but do you think he will call with 55-99 or will he fold? If you check will he check behind or shove them? If he checks back can still shove river. Imo enough money already went into the pot and im happy to check turn and river. I think it would be thin value to shove.
  • hidalgohidalgo Red Chipper Posts: 17
    I have a question related to 10s in general. Assuming no information on villain (just sat down), do we call off our 100bb stack to a 4-bet shove against an iso villain?
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    hidalgo wrote: »
    I have a question related to 10s in general. Assuming no information on villain (just sat down), do we call off our 100bb stack to a 4-bet shove against an iso villain?

I don't think so. TT is dead in the water against a standard/nitty 4-betting range (sometimes JJ/AK, most people only QQ+).

Your initial 3-bet for value makes sense. Going gang-busters against a 4-bet is negative expectation w/ TT most times.
  • ereborskiereborski Red Chipper Posts: 7
    If the turn was checked through, and it rivered an overcard. What would we do? [check-call?]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file