Fold KK early in tournament

Rezzen42Rezzen42 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
though i dont have hands in PT4 on villian i have played with him quite a bit. absolute fish and will call the entire Ax spectrum from where he's at. He also hates folding. His range in this spot is any Ax plus spade draws. Is this a super weak fold or did i make the right move bc the SPR was so small and I have a much higher chance of losing the pot than winning it. It is possible he could have 9x or a pocket pair but if he plays any ace then that makes up a huge part of his raising range right?
Merge - $2.00+$0.20|<> NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: 327.1 BB (VPIP: 10.53, PFR: 5.26, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
BTN: 164.67 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
SB: 168.67 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
BB: 148.67 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 6)
Hero (UTG): 346.33 BB
UTG+1: 179.8 BB (VPIP: 21.05, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
MP: 194.33 BB (VPIP: 75.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 4)
MP+1: 327.83 BB (VPIP: 41.38, PFR: 10.34, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 29)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :Kh :Kd
Hero raises to 3.33 BB, fold, MP calls 3.33 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2.83 BB, fold

Flop : (11 BB, 3 players) :6h :9s :As
SB checks, Hero bets 5.5 BB, MP raises to 11 BB, fold, fold

MP wins 22 BB

Comments

• Rezzen42Rezzen42 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    range also includes the rare instances of 99 66 two pairs though i dont think hes good enough to bluff this spot
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems fine if he is super fish you can wait for a better spot. If you had Ks in your hand one might suggest peeling once. I usually fold here or check call once. Usually multiway if i get raised on the flop i'm done.
  • GazelligGazellig RCP Coach Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Is 3.33BB your standard raise size preflop? On the flop, I don't think I bet here into two players, especially given one has position on us and can float pretty comfortably and get us to fold too often on lots of runouts. I think KK is crying out to be checked here, which means checking some weak Ax hands too, otherwise our checking range becomes capped (i.e. we never have better than KK). In a HU pot IP I think you can make more of an argument for betting this flop versus the weak player if you believe you get value from worse hands, but I'm not sure we can go bet/bet/bet here and expect to be good, which makes me want to check KK again and maybe bet turns and rivers.

As played I agree with other posters that he probably isn't bluffing here, especially to that sizing. It feels weird folding for such a small amount, but I don't hate it.
  • Warrington_1Warrington_1 Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    This depends on your table image alittle also. People always forget that you have to view yourself from other peoples eyes. I realized I looked like a NIT my last tourny because I had 2 orbits of absolute garbage when I was moved to a new table. It ended up helping me when I started hitting my ranges because people would just get out of the way. I think you were correct that he had an ace. You went 5.5xBB and he goes 11x. If he is a fish who doesnt fold and normally doesnt overbet to buy pots... you were correct.
  • Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 90 ✭✭
    If you play with him alot....are you going to fold to a min raise this deep every time?
  • pokerdj4pokerdj4 NYRed Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Michael E wrote: »
    If you play with him alot....are you going to fold to a min raise this deep every time?

I think it's important for hero to make a note about villain in this pot. But I don't see villain being able to adjust and min raise hero more often and hope to get him to fold going forward after this hand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file