Overplayed AQs from SB?

IznogoodIznogood Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited December 2014 in Online Poker Hands
Hey all.

How would you have played this hand? I could not fold AQs here, even considering the action ahead of me. Would a fold have been the correct play?

When I could not fold I thought I would have more fold-equity with a 4bet than a call, I wanted to come in strong, when being out of position for the rest of the hand.

I only have 66 hands on the CO, so stats are not valid, but he had a 3bet% of 19, so I thought he was bluffing a lot. He's VPIP/PFR were 37/23, so ....

My reasons for checking flop and turn were that he had a flop cbet of 100%, and a turn cbet of 100%, so I was fairly sure I could get him all in, as he was shortstacked. Also I could not really see a better player calling much with worse.

On the turn, he bets ½ pot after being checked to twice. That could look like a bluff with eg. KQ (he seemed bad enough to have played to random broadways this way). After this, he only have 11 BB left, so I think he could just as well have gone all in here, with a perfect 3/4 PSB - don't you agree?

I am very interested in hearing how you would have played this hand.

Wishing you all a happy new year, with lots of BB/100 to all of those of you who does not play the same tables I play :-).

Hero (SB): $31.01 (124 bb)
BB: $58.72 (234.9 bb)
UTG: $25.35 (101.4 bb)
MP: $61.97 (247.9 bb)
CO: $14.59 (58.4 bb)
BTN: $29.87 (119.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Qspade4.gif Aspade4.gif
UTG raises to $0.75, MP folds, CO raises to $2.60, BTN folds, Hero raises to $5.50, 2 folds, CO calls $2.90

Flop: ($12.00) Adiamond4.gif Tspade4.gif Aheart4.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($12.00) 2diamond4.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $6.25, Hero raises to $12.50, CO calls $2.84 and is all-in

Comments

• jimbo123jimbo123 Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Think I like cbetting small even say 2/5 of pot considering how short cutoff is to get value from kk,qq,JJ and stacking off whatever happens. Think he has more of those hands than air or Ak.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file