AA 4bet hand

othd13othd13 Red Chipper Posts: 7
edited July 2014 in Online Poker Hands
villian is BB 43/18/11 play like aggro fish (very aggressive with TPGK). On this spot, flop i put him on AK (6combo) or KK+QQ( 6combo) and think easy call. But how play this turn correctly ?

Hero (MP): 169.2 BB
CO: 101.2 BB (VPIP: 19.42, PFR: 13.67, 3Bet Preflop: 3.70, Hands: 282)
BTN: 108.2 BB (VPIP: 16.81, PFR: 12.39, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 117)
SB: 80.5 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 42)
BB: 153.4 BB (VPIP: 43.24, PFR: 18.92, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 39)
UTG: 172.4 BB (VPIP: 31.78, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 6.62, Hands: 329)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A :diamond A :club

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 9 BB, Hero raises to 21 BB, BB calls 12 BB

Flop: (42.5 BB, 2 players) Q :spade K :heart 8 :club
BB bets 21 BB, Hero calls 21 BB

Turn: (84.5 BB, 2 players) 7 :diamond
BB bets 42 BB, Hero raises to 127.2 BB and is all-in, BB calls 69.4 BB and is all-in

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    2 Questions:

1. Why did you choose 21bb as your 4bet size preflop?
    2. Why are you putting him on QQ/KK/AK only when he calls the 4bet?
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • othd13othd13 Red Chipper Posts: 7
    1. Because i think is normal size for 4bet (2x size 3bet) .
    2.I see he flat call with JJ , AQs and he seem tigh 3bet. He 3bet than quickly call 4 bet then i putting him on QQ/KK/AK (or probly KQs but is small chance). he can have AA, but this guy very aggressive then i think he more 5 bet/jam and AA have only one combo
    othd13 wrote:
    1. Because i think is normal size for 4bet (2x size 3bet)

A normal 4bet size is usually between 20-25bb, so your sizing is certainly normal. However, against fishy opponents I like a bigger 4bet size for the following reasons:
      1. Fish are less likely to notice the nuances of bet sizing 2. Fish are more inelastic, so if he's going to continue I expect he'll call bigger sizes just the same 3. I want to create extra value right now

I like a 4bet to about 30bb here. It's large, and any reg will know what's going on...but that's why we choose this size against a fish =)
    Yes you right!, again fish and his range 3bet is tigh and not want fold even i can allin on this situation.
    But if play, how play on this turn?. He lead flop and turn and now I call, jam, or fold is better?
    Thank you for advice Split :D
    othd13 wrote:
    Yes you right!, again fish and his range 3bet is tigh and not want fold even i can allin on this situation.
    But if play, how play on this turn?. He lead flop and turn and now I call, jam, or fold is better?
    Thank you for advice Split :D

I'm certainly not folding. I'd usually call, but that's because I assume he has a weaker range and that he'll make more river betting mistakes than turn calling mistakes. But I'd never really get here like this =)
    "he'll make more river betting mistakes than turn calling mistakes" -oh good thinking!
    Simple and clearly. thanks
    othd13 wrote:
    "he'll make more river betting mistakes than turn calling mistakes" -oh good thinking!
    Simple and clearly. thanks

No problem =)
  • napncrashnapncrash Red Chipper Posts: 36 ✭✭
    My first reply!

Anyway, also consider stack to pot ratio.

When you are 153 bb effective, you want to try to balance getting action from your opponent while, at the same time, building a SPR that is matches up well with your hand.

You raise to 21, he calls. Pot is approximately 42 bigs and you have 142 bigs left. That's like 3.5 SPR. That's not terrible, but you're against a fishy guy who is like to 1) pay more pre and 2) be stickier post. These are great things when you're holding AA!

so let's say you make it 30 bb instead. Pot is 60 bigs and you have 126 bigs left. Now your SPR is only about 2:1 and life is glorious... your job then is to just read your opponent and find the best method of getting all the money in the pot. If he beats you, that's OK, because you built a huge pre pot with AA that essentially disallows you to fold post.

You want bigger pot, a lower SPR, you have AA, and he's fishy. That screams RAISE BIGGER!

Good luck!
    nice explain, thank mate napncrash
    napncrash wrote:
    You want bigger pot, a lower SPR, you have AA, and he's fishy. That screams RAISE BIGGER!

Good luck!

+1. Nice explanation!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file