I need thoughts on this fold

Rezzen42Rezzen42 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
Merge - $10.00+$1.00|<> NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: 163.67 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
SB: 164.17 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
BB: 179.67 BB (VPIP: 31.71, PFR: 13.16, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 41)
UTG: 165.17 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
UTG+1: 170.17 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
MP: 358.83 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
Hero (MP+1): 356.47 BB
CO: 88.67 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :Ts:Ah
fold, fold, MP raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 1 BB

Flop : (6.5 BB, 3 players) :Tc:4d:7c
BB bets 4.33 BB, fold, Hero calls 4.33 BB

Turn : (15.17 BB, 2 players) :2s
BB bets 15.17 BB, Hero calls 15.17 BB

River : (45.5 BB, 2 players) :Th
BB bets 158.17 BB and is all-in, fold

BB wins 45.5 BB

Early on in a satellite $11 for 20 $162 tickets.

Comments

• tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    You put him on 44 or 77 right? He could be barreling here with busted flush draws and weaker 10s. His range is very wide with a call from the BB, I don't think you can pin him on a full house here and I believe this fold was too nitty.

Also his shove seemed fishy to me, too big of an SPR to not assume he's shoving for protection, to get even weaker 10s or pairs to fold.
  • Rezzen42Rezzen42 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I put him on 44 77 T4 T7 TJ+ and busted FD's, trust me i thought of calling but this player is normally passive and him potting it on the turn scared me. The shove is fishy but i think this was a fishy player trying to get max value if he believed i had a Tx hand.
  • tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    Yea that's a very passive range to be able to bet on after the flop. As long as your read on him was rock solid then this is a really good play, but if he has any bluffs or weaker hands in his range at all, this is a clear call
  • bntr97bntr97 Red Chipper Posts: 1
    I think It's probably a fold:
    The BB couldv'e got here this way with something like AT or KT, but would he really shove the river with these hands, especially being more passive? Although there are very few sets that he represents, his line here seems to make sense for one of those (getting excited about hitting a full house and shoving), he probably doesn't have a flush draw, as if he could shove with one of those, why wouldn't he do that on the turn?
    With the price we're getting, I don't think it's likely enough that he could have a ten that you beat, especially as he's not really under pressure at this stage in the tournament, but it depends on whether you think that he'd overvalue a weaker ten...
    Let me know what you think
    exactly, the shove polarizes his range and i dont believe he does this with a FD like you said he just would shove the turn and i dont believe the bottom or top contains weak Tens. Also he continued to play quite tight and passive past this hand so i still believe i was beat.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call.
    the dude can have any T as well as sets, as well as 89, as well as :CLUB:s as well as 7X as well as an overpair.
    ranging him on 44, 77 , T7 is MUBSy.
    ranging him on T4 is just silly.

only 3 combos of 77 and 3 combos of 44 beat you.
    He can only have one combo of :TD::XD: .
    Everything else in his range you crush.

the thing that gets me the most is:
    why is he shoving the river?
    is it as a bluff? or for value?

if you call - you're still got ½ your stack left.
    I'm calling and high-fiving the cat who's watching from the window sill.
    I think you're good.
    kagey i would have to disagree with the fact that T4 T7 and T2 are not in his range, its early and alot of players will call an extremely wide range almost A2C from BB when the raise is 2BB. hell theyre already in for half. and his vpip is 31% so why wouldnt we expect him to make his range even wider in this spot
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezzen42 wrote: »
    kagey i would have to disagree with the fact that T4 T7 and T2 are not in his range, its early and alot of players will call an extremely wide range almost A2C from BB when the raise is 2BB. hell theyre already in for half. and his vpip is 31% so why wouldnt we expect him to make his range even wider in this spot

ok
    Its funny how looking back on this i would prbly make the call now

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file