052 - Villain Adjusts to Your Aggression... Now What?

James "SplitSuit" Sweeney hosts our podcast this week all about what to do when your opponent notices your aggression towards them and begins to fight back.

Anyone who amps up their aggression will encounter this "I know you know" scenario and have to adjust. Listen to SplitSuit's advice and then give yours in this thread.
Red Chip Poker

Comments

• GTOLife2020GTOLife2020 Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised nobody ever commented on this because I listened to this podcast yesterday and saw an instant improvement in my approach and play. Understanding the role of table captain and how to control the flow of money in a cash game is beginning to really click with me and it's because of this site's videos, podcasts, and literature.
  • seetheflopseetheflop Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    in the typical 1-2 game i play in vegas most opponents when facing this style of play will tighten up on there starting range and wait for you to raise even when they have a raising hand thus trying to trap you now when the majority of the table is doing this your marginal hands go down in value and the few times you pick up the blinds wont make up for when you are called by a better hand . I see the players try this and they are just spinning their wheels with no real stack building
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,039 -
    seetheflop wrote: »
    in the typical 1-2 game i play in vegas most opponents when facing this style of play will tighten up on there starting range and wait for you to raise even when they have a raising hand thus trying to trap you now when the majority of the table is doing this your marginal hands go down in value and the few times you pick up the blinds wont make up for when you are called by a better hand . I see the players try this and they are just spinning their wheels with no real stack building

Most players aren't trying this correctly - they are just blindly being aggressive. There is a large difference =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file