Poker Goal Setting Video

Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 669 ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in General Concepts
I know it's late but I just watched this video.

Regarding eating and exercise, I really like a book called Core Performance by Mark Verstegen. It worked really well for me and I did it at home however it got me thinking about 2 things discussed in the video.

1. He has a couple chapters dedicated to eating correctly.

2. He has a chapter about adapting some of his exercises for those who travel - specifically exercises to do in your hotel room.

The book is worth the $20 for those interested, or who travel a lot, or both.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,057 -
    Are there a lot of revolutionary ideas/advices in it? Or more common ideas presented in a more appealing way?
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 669 ✭✭✭
    I'm not that in tune with the exercise world to know whether its revolutionary or not. My guess is no. The book is 10 years old now. He promotes eating 6 small meals over 3 big ones. He provides lists of good, bad, and neutral foods within each food group. He gives options for schedules that you can follow (which would help with maintaining structure in your day - also discussed by Dr. Cardner in the video). His program goes for 12 weeks, set up in four three-week sections.

His clients are mainly professional athletes from various sports: baseball, football, soccer, golf...each writes an intro for a different chapter in the book. It's interesting to read how a 6-foot-7 NFL lineman uses a physioball.

It just rang a bell with me as I watched the video so I thought I'd throw a suggestion out there. It's an easy read, it works well for those who work out at home, it provides exercise and eating suggestions for those who travel, and it only cost me $20.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,057 -
    Awesome. Thanks for the extra info, sounds like a snap-buy =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • DrTriciaDrTricia RCP Coach Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Skors3 wrote:
    I know it's late but I just watched this video.

Regarding eating and exercise, I really like a book called Core Performance by Mark Verstegen. It worked really well for me and I did it at home however it got me thinking about 2 things discussed in the video.

1. He has a couple chapters dedicated to eating correctly.

2. He has a chapter about adapting some of his exercises for those who travel - specifically exercises to do in your hotel room.

The book is worth the $20 for those interested, or who travel a lot, or both.

Glad you watched and liked the video! Thanks for this book recommendation - I'm going to check it out :-)

Tricia
  • Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 669 ✭✭✭
    I really liked the book. For me it was worth $20. I did buy it 7-8 years ago.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file