055 - Getting Into 6-Max Poker

We've got another great interview on this week's podcast: Peter "Carroters" Clarke, author of The Grinder’s Manual: A Complete Course in Online No Limit Holdem 6-Max Cash Games.

This episode features a deep dive into 6-max, with particular emphasis on how to transition from live full-ring games to 6-max online. Enjoy and let us know what you think in this thread!
Red Chip Poker

Comments

• Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Cool podcast. I loved Carroters video when i was a member on his training site.
  • MtipsterMtipster Red Chipper Posts: 131 ✭✭
    I would like to hear some reviews of his book, anyone read it?
    Does it burn nice? :)
    edited October 2016
    Great fire wood ! The book is solid. there is thread on 2+2 where Masson Mallmuth is on defense mode saying that it's the same as Harrington's on cash games but Carroters book is much more solid.
  • MtipsterMtipster Red Chipper Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Great fire wood ! The book is solid. there is thread on 2+2 where Masson Mallmuth is on defense mode saying that it's the same as Harrington's on cash games but Carroters book is much more solid.
    Does it add something new to knowledge database? For instance, if someone read Blackrain's book, Baluga's book and Janda waits in line along with Let there be range, is it worth purchasing at all? Thanks in advance.
  • Golden14Golden14 Red Chipper Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Carroters book and his DC videos are very good. Highly recommended.

He would make a great instructor on this site.
    edited October 2016
    LTBR was a major book at the time, Baluga's book also, Blackrain got good books but are a lot lot simpler. Janda's book is a great course. I would say that Carroters book is a lot more solid than Blackrain's books but Rain's books give great basics for beginners. Carroters book go a lot deeper and offers new perspectives for players looking to go up a level from beginners/mid.
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    I've heard a lot about this book lately. Is this also helpful or recommended for live player too?
    Mr. Dont wrote: »
    I've heard a lot about this book lately. Is this also helpful or recommended for live player too?

It is designed for online but all the theory is applicable live/online since it's Core Poker Theory. He is working a lot with HUD's stats but it gives you the framework to apply it live.

Also the structure of the book build on each chapter so it's like learning a recipe, you can't skip any steps and you got to do it in order so for that the book is very well made.

I would recommend the book for any serious players that want to upgrade is game from the basics to advanced stuff that will greatly improved his game and his understanding of the game.
  • Blake Van NessBlake Van Ness Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    The book is LEGIT. I would highly reccomend it. You can sign up for amazon kindle unlimited (i think thats what its called) and you can read it there. I think its 10 dollars a month but have a free trial for a month.
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    @Adam Wheeler, @Blake Van Ness thanks for advice. Ive been following a dozen of online players blogs and most of them mentioned the book. I should give it a shot. I dont know why the book is available for kindle prime, usually books available fir that is priced around $10, but the book is about $50. Must be bargain.
  • DeezNutsDeezNuts Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Golden14 wrote: »
    Carroters book and his DC videos are very good. Highly recommended.

He would make a great instructor on this site.

I second that motion
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Mtipster wrote: »
    I would like to hear some reviews of his book, anyone read it?
    Does it burn nice? :)

Legend!
    @Christian Soto I am seriously considering doing a VLog where I'm all suit up with a glass of scotch and I am starting a fire with some of my old poker books.
  • ZENIZENZENIZEN Red Chipper Posts: 166 ✭✭
    My first training site was DC and I love Carroters . Actually he was on of the reasons I chose 6 max online as my game . So nice to hear him on the podcast and ill definitely be checking out his book . Love you Carroters !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file