What do you consider a "buy-in"?

RoyRoy Red Chipper Posts: 48 ✭✭
RCPers,

Quick question when thinking about things like having won or lost certain amount of buy-ins. Do you consider this 100bbs for the stake being played? Or the capped buy-in at the LLs? Eg. $1000 at 2/5 or $300 at 1/2.

Just wondering...

Comments

• dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Whatever you normally buy in for.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you normally buy in for.

this^^^

it's different for everybody
    I like to buy in deep. But in some games vs. some opponents- I'll just buy in for 100bb.
    I don't track in amount of buy-ins won/lost buy in big blinds.
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭
    If your trying to understand an article or video where they are discussing, win rates or risk of ruin, or bankrole needs or whatever, then the standard they are using is probably 100bb . this is because online poker where most of the research and number crunching was done so often capped the buy in at 100bb.

The problem is that if you use what you buy in for, it does not work proportionately. If you play say 50bb you probably have higher variance in terms of your buy in then 100 bb. And if you have a 200bb you don't have twise the variance in terms of buy in then 100 bb. You could also take this argument to silly extreams...an uncapped game...if you bought in to a 1-2 for 10000, it would probably have no more variance the buying in for 200 bb 99% of the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file