NL5 6max RUSH, 3bet pot, 2 stabs = spew here ?

dissectiondissection Red Chipper Posts: 63 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Online Poker Hands
I already posted this hand on 2+2 (Actually I will be posting hand histories I need to discuss both on 2+2 and here, since I really like you (SplitSuit), your webpage and this one! Thx for creating this !) so I already got some malignant thought processes corrected, but please ! CORRECT MY WAY OF THINKING HERE ! I KNOW it has holes ... but when somebody other explain me I will be able to "rewrite" my thinking process and to fill the holes easier !

Full Tilt, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2.73 (54.6 bb)
Hero (BB): $6.25 (125 bb)
UTG: $17.23 (344.6 bb)
MP: $2.50 (50 bb)
CO: $14.17 (283.4 bb)
BTN: $7.90 (158 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade4.gif Kdiamond4.gif
3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero calls $0.07
I have middle strong hand. It's not too weak to fold (or to bluff with), it's not strong enough to 3bet value. It seems he is opening quite normally from BTN = sort of wide range. Im gonna call so I can get extra value, since if I 3bet he will continue only with better hands or he will have me dominated (AQ, AK) and he will fold almost all worse hands than mine.

Flop: ($0.26) 9spade4.gif 8heart4.gif 3spade4.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks
This board doesn't smack his range, but mine (I guess?). So I'm gonna represtent TT+. If no overcard will come I will begin firing. He got solid stats and he can find fold button. Because I'm OOP so I'm gonna check call.

Turn: ($0.26) 9diamond4.gif (2 players)
Hero bets $0.15, BTN calls $0.15
Blank. I fire.

River: ($0.56) 8club4.gif (2 players)
Hero bets $0.33
Again blank. I fire. (That was my thinking while playing, but now I'm thinking this card isnt the worst one for me but also not best one, since he could be inclined to call with Ax ... still I think he will fold these time to time and also I think he will fold small pairs (if got some here otr?!). And if I will apply basic way of thinking about bet ? = Will worse call and better fold ? Well ... now I think NOT REALLY :) So the bet is bad ?

Final Board: 9spade4.gif 8heart4.gif 3spade4.gif 9diamond4.gif 8club4.gif

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,909 -
    I like you too, thanks for sharing the hand with us as well!

As for the hand, why not 3bet it PF? It's not a pure value 3bet in the sense that he's going to continue with a range that you crush...but it begins to depolarize your 3bet range which can be a great thing here. And the hand will have plenty of equity and playability going postflop...

As for the flop, I'd change your thinking slightly. You don't (or rather, shouldn't) have much TT+ here...and your 9x hands are like T9/J9s/A9s...so you don't smash this board often. When the flop goes check/check he likely either has a junky pair or Ace high...neither of which is folding to a turn bet. Most rivers won't change the situation much and it's still rather tough for you to have many pairs there...so I think this double barrel is going to fail quite often.
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
  • dissectiondissection Red Chipper Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Thanks Split .. I will start wroking/messing up/playing with Flopzilla so I can get better feeling about which boards hit what of my (or villains) ranges. Gotta work this out from the bottom obv (as seen in this case).

Anyaway about 3betting pre. Actually I would'nt even consider it. My thoughts are like this: I feel my this hand is somewhat middle strong hand. And I just got in mind fixed (from some articles about blind playing) its not really good to 3bet middle strong hands in most of this situations, since villains who are sort of normally (or even little bit more) folding to 3bet .. only worse will fold and only good wil continue. If you know how I mean it. Please, correct me here. It will be much appreciated !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file