MTT Crash Course - Official Discussion Thread

Thanks for checking out the MTT Crash Course.

We set up this discussion thread for folks who are working through the course and want to chat about their progress with other members of the Red Chip community.

We learn best and fastest when we learn as part of a study group, so we encourage you to participate here and get the greatest lasting value and return on investment from taking the course.
Red Chip Poker

Comments

• tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    After watching the second video in the Crash Course on Pre flop ranges from the video companion series "The Course" I found it instructive to go back and reread the chapter in ED's book and input the suggested ranges in Flopzilla. The big takeaways were realizing how loose I was giving action and 3betting against tight players as well as how passive I was playing in the blinds against steal attempts.
    How an unstudied player thinks, the third video in the "Crash Course" live series is eye opening. Understanding how the average low limit player thinks even after many years of experience is valuable as a starting point to be able to exploit these type of loose passive players. Caution It is just as uncomfortable watching it a second time.
    I started looking at the Crash Course last night. What a great format to solidify a newer player's knowledge base. There is so much information here and it can run the gamut from beginner to advanced it is hard to stay focused. Anyone that wants to build a solid foundation or just review would benifit from this series. Kudos for Red Chip for laying it out for us.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,755 -
    tfazio wrote: »
    Caution It is just as uncomfortable watching it a second time.

Please explain. Unclear how to take this.

Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
    LOL Just saying its shocking to see how the unstudied player thinks. You were most kind in your interview.
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    @tfazio, always wondering is there a poker school that you go to. Looks like you have curriculum or poker 101 class or so you follow those step by step. I personally have many leaks or areas need to be improved but easily lost where to start first then move to next chapter. Like to let you know have a lot of respect the way you study through your posts and even your game though I have not seen it. Hope to play with you near future if I have a chance to go to CT area or maybe next East Cost Meet Up?
    I think the Crash course is a great way to get on the right track. There is so much excellent material here that it is great to have a study plan to get your skill level up with the fundamentals you need so you can build on them with more intermediate material.
  • bmat66bmat66 Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    A lot of great info in this course. A couple of the videos in the playlist had questions to work through but they do not go through the answers at the end. Are these questions answered in later videos I need to find by looking at a different author specific playlist?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,070 -
    bmat66 wrote: »
    A lot of great info in this course. A couple of the videos in the playlist had questions to work through but they do not go through the answers at the end. Are these questions answered in later videos I need to find by looking at a different author specific playlist?

No, I'd suggest the best approach (since this board doesn't get a lot of traffic) is to pose those question in the tournament hands section and we can bounce ideas there.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,070 -
    Scratch that, I'm moving this thread to the PRO board.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file