Perfect Flop turns into a ¿Hero Call?

TheZomBeeTheZomBee Red Chipper Posts: 8
edited November 2016 in Online Poker Hands
Hey guys, mind taking a look at this hand I recently played?

https://www.boomplayer.com/21517982_62D02964E3

I had no stats on my opponent, as he had played for only four hands. The call Pre Flop is a bit loose for my own standards, but he gave me a good price and I felt like I had to go with it in position and at least see a Flop. I put him on 88+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+.

I thought that by Check/Calling that board twice it was almost impossible he had a set or two pair, and probably not an Overpair, and after the Turn I don't see him having anything but AK, AQ, AJ, AT or KQ, with maybe a Heart. The River is a scary Jack but I still went with it.

Worth noting that I only had four seconds left in my time bank at the end, so I had to rush the decision and make a quicker Call that I would've liked lol.

Any thoughts? Also, if he Checks River what do you think I shoud do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Flop open is ok at 6-Max. You'll have to incorporate those kinds of holdings to add deception in your range.

V 3-Bet is small and he is giving you a good price to call and see a Flop IP. I would keep in mind that his 3-Bet range here is probably linear and not polarized as NL5 player tend to 3-Bet more on the tight side OOP.

Flop - As played is Ok, i would have gone for the 35%/40% C-Bet. I would keep in mind that its very unlikely that he is drawing too for the Heart Flush and thus when he x/c Flop he have something that want to see a cheap showdown but he is not folding unless the board becomes really scary turn.

Turn - When the Q hit, i don't see V folding a lot now given what we think he got. So essentially here we want to target all the strong part of his range and bet sizing should be big because i don't see him calling with 2nd pair/mid Kicker, Underpair etc. But i think that some V could call here with AJ specially with that Turn.

River - Some players here will tell you that this line is a strong line but at the micros i saw a lot of players doing it with busted draws. Here i would gladly call, since he have Value hand that we beat and still have some bluffs.

If he x rivers you should bet shove if you would call when he shove into you.

I would take a note on this V about his 3-Bet range OOP. Since he did it with ATs i always go 1 to 2 kicker lower as his threshold.

• BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    You cannot fold this river, I don't think its close. What is he repping? It would be very strange way to play a flopped set, two pair, or better flush. Possible I guess but I think its an easy call.
  • Blake Van NessBlake Van Ness Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I liked your play

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file