Hand 1: XX on AJ6

NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in 6max Workbook (Vol 1)
Preflop: TAG player raises UTG and has a RFI% of 13% which likely consists of all pocket pairs and mostly suited Broadway cards. Villains anticipated range looks something like AA-22,AKo-AJo,KQo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s. Frequency issue: Villain has a high fold to 3-bet at 89% so I will 3-bet most of my larger suited broadway holdings as well as JJ+, AQo, and AKo.

Blinds are both loose players which means I expect them to come along with a lot of potential holdings and I have position on all players. Therefore, I will call with a lot of implied odds hands since I anticipate a multiway pot. My range covers a variety of boards and contains a lot of suited connectors, suited gappers, and pocket pairs, and suited Ax.

My Preflop Calling Range: TT-22,AJo,KQo,A9s-A2s,KTs,QTs,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s-86s,76s-75s,65s
12.2% 162 combos

Workbook Questions: QQ 3-bet, AQ 3-bet, 98s call, JTo fold

Flop: :Ac :6s :Jc

We are down to 139 combos on the flop. Due to card removal, Villain does not have a lot of flush draws in his range (Villain has a flush draw 4% of the time) but does have range advantage and is uncapped and since we are multiway I prefer to flat here in position with my flop continuing range. If we were heads up, I would raise my middle flush draws that currently have no showdown value. My calling frequency on the flop is considerably lower multiway than it would be in a heads up situation. I am taking 49 combos to the turn at 35.3%. Note: I feel like I am missing something here. Something does not feel right about this hand with my continuing range but I can’t put my finger on it.

Workbook Questions: Call 66, Ax, and 98cc

Turn: :9s

Down to 47 combos after the turn. At this point in the hand, Villain has bet twice into two people with an uncapped range so I expect him to show up with fairly strong hands and the loose player in the big blind is still around so I don't like the idea of bluffing (or semi-bluffing) here. I am only jamming 2 pair + (which makes up 31% of my range to this point). It feels weak and unbalanced to me to not bluff any here but with it being multiway and Villain having bet two streets with a low showdown percentage, I feel he is strong here quite often.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,034 -
    You are asking yourself exactly the right questions - great job!

When you get into situations like these consider:

1. Is balance and having a decent bluffing range necessary vs this opponent?
    2. If my ranges are too tight later, does that mean that my PF range was actually too tight?
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    You are asking yourself exactly the right questions - great job!

When you get into situations like these consider:

1. Is balance and having a decent bluffing range necessary vs this opponent?
    2. If my ranges are too tight later, does that mean that my PF range was actually too tight?

I think I've realized my biggest mistake on this hand. I would want to take advantage of Villain's high Fv3b% but I decided to 3-bet my strongest hands which left me with a weak and limited range to defend with on a board where he has range advantage and my strongest hands are gone. I think a much better option would be to polarize my 3-bet range vs. this opponent to include hands like 22-55. This would allow me to put some of my bigger Broadways and suited Ax hands back into my calling range while still 3-betting a lot thus allowing me to defend more postflop.

I'm not sure about widening my overall range much more because I expect the big blind to come along a lot and if I expand much more I'll start adding junk into my range. I think I could look to add some bigger two-gappers for extra hands to defend with though.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @Ninjah

Man you're going too fast.

I'm buying it this PM.
    @Ninjah

Man you're going too fast.

I'm buying it this PM.

This is the most important part of my game that needs to be strengthened so I'm diving right in!
    The first thing i take into account is the size of the open from UTG and his playing style. 19/15 seems to be on the Tagish side at 6-max. So if i 3bet, i will do it polarized and won't include AA/KK unless there is a really specific dynamics between us (also considering his 4bet and Fold to 3bet tendencies). And also, the blinds seems to be on the looser side so calling with AA/KK with absolute position is a better play i think, specially if those blinds give actions post. Also BB is short stack so i want to have hands that will be able to call if he shoves and includes hands in my calling range with drawing potential since SB is a bit over 100BB with me in terms of stack size.

Given the fact that UTG is folding a lot to 3bet, i will widen my 3bet range (polarized) and exploit this.

PREFLOP

MY RANGE :

QQ+, 66-22, AJs-A2s, KJs-KTs, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, 43s, 32s, QJo, JTo, T9o

14,2% - 188 combos

I'm calling with QQ 50% to 25% of the time.
    I 3bet AQ
    I call with 98s and JTo

FLOP

Since Cbet decrease on turn for UTG i'll call some hands here in my range in the intention of bluffing Turn if a club fall but i will include hands that will complete the flush on Turn also to balance. Since the A of clubs is on board, i think it will be easier to push off UTG if a club hit the Turn. I want hands that will call an eventual shove by BB also.

MY RANGE :

KK-QQ, AsJs-As7s, As5s-As2s, AhTh-Ah7h, Ah5h-Ah2h, AdTd-Ad7d, Ad5d-Ad2d, KTs, KsJs, KhJh, KdJd, QTs, QsJs, Qs9s, QhJh, QdJd, Js9s+, Jh9h+, Jd9d+, Ts8s+, 9s8s, 8s7s, 5s4s, 4s3s, 3s2s, QhJs, QcJs, QcJh, QdJs, QdJh, QsJh, QsJd, QhJd, QcJd, JhTs, JdTs, JdTh, JdTc, JsTh, JsTc, JsTd, JhTc, JhTd

7.06% - 83 combos

I raise with 66
    Call with Ax
    Call with 9c8c

TURN

At this point i think given the price if i shove BB will call with a lot of things and some draws that i could outdraw. I got some 2P combos that will beat UTG TPTK/TPGK and i'll still have equity versus his sets with the drawing portion of my range that i'll shove.

MY RANGE :

AsJs-AsTs, As8s-As7s, As5s-As2s, Ah9h, Ad9d, KsJs-KsTs, KcTc, QTs, QsJs, JsTs, Jh9h, Jd9d, Ts8s, 8s7s

2.04% - 23 combos

I shove 2Pairs
    I fold ATo
    I shove AsXs
  • JoskroketJoskroket Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    If he's folding 89% to 3bets then 3betting any hand is just printing money. If he only continues with 11% of his 13% opening range then he probably 4bets those very strong hands and we can easily fold. When we make it 4.25$ we only need 4.25/4.25+2.5$=63% fold equity, thus making an auto profit with ATC. Until he adapts that should be the play every single time. Calling only QQ+,AKs, because they can stand a lot of flops and could extract more money from worse. On the turn only All-in with AKo without the As and AKs except AKss and AA only pair i'm on the flop with. I need the As in my opponents range because that is an important part of his range to call me with.
  • MtipsterMtipster Red Chipper Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Wow, first exercise and I realize that I'm a folding machine on this board even if I add KQ as a gutshot call on flop. I see you guys calling preflop with many suited broadways and AXs, I usually don't do that, especially to EP raiser. Now I'm really confused how to fix that folding frequency without adding dominated hands preflop. :/
  • MtipsterMtipster Red Chipper Posts: 131 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    OK, let's try this way: Villain folds to 3bets alot, so we put some of standard 3bet hands in our calling range (I never played real hand this way, but I'll try it after today's study).
    Preflop call: QQ-55,AKo-AQo,AQs-ATs,KQs-KJs,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s; 8,5%, 112 combos
    Flop call: QQ-JJ,66,AKo-AQo,AQs-ATs,KcQc,Tc9c,9c8c,8c7c; 45%, 43/94 combos
    Seems pretty standard.

And now, the turn: Villain 1 bets 2 streets into 2 opponents, he should have a strong hand most of the time, so our all in raise should be two pairs + sets. I played a little with CREV, put him on TPTK+ and only strongest draws. I'm still new using that software, so please review it (that's the reason for BB exclusion, I had to simplify it). Funny is, only semibluff hand that shows EV+ turn shove is 8c7c because it doesn't block villain's turned spade draws that are mostly made of broadways and should fold to our shove.

w993tptw9ysf.jpg
    y9aqcwcvjdgg.jpg
    I have already learned a lot about hand reading in the first section and I wanted to share some of my thoughts on each hand in the first section of the workbook. Feel free to add your own info or ask questions!

Hand 1: This hand really opening my eyes to a couple of things. First, it made me realize how important it is to polarize your 3-betting range when facing a player with a high Fv3b%. When facing a player who has such an exploitable frequency like this, it doesn’t matter quite as much that we 3-bet him with value hands because we expect a fold so often. However, what does matter is that we leave some stronger hands in our calling range so that we are prepared to fight postflop when Villain calls our 3-bet. I failed to do so this hand and it made it very difficult for me to continue postflop.

The second big takeaway for me on this hand was learning how important card removal is to hand reading. As an unstudied player, when you aren’t holding a flush draw in your hand and there are two of a suit on the board, your brain naturally screams to be weary of your opponent hitting a flush. However, in this situation, we have a tight player opening from UTG and when the Ac and Jc hits, the number of flush draw combos that he can reasonably have drop significantly and I even feel that this allows us more opportunities to bluff in position when the third club hits because we can have more flush draws than he does. This was really big for me moving forward with developing hand reading skills.
    edited December 2016
    Ninjah wrote: »
    The second big takeaway for me on this hand was learning how important card removal is to hand reading.

I stumbled on this, on the Mike Gano's web site, where he talk about backdoor draws in GTO oriented way. He is using Simple postflop to solve a spot. He hold :Ad :Js and he discover that on a flop of
    :7h :7s :Ks
    the software recommend to continue with a very good chunk of AJ but not with the :Ah X. He found that funky and someone cam along and post this which is really gold.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for this good series.

I think if you have the ace of heart it strengthen the range of villain because you can’t include those AhXh in his range which makes impossible a lot of hands you dominate or go for a split with. If my math are correct it’s about, 236 combos and if you have Ah with 7s7hKs, you have still 40% equity but villain’s continuation bet range will be stronger because it exclude 11 combos (AhKh, AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, Ah9h, Ah8h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h) and 11 on 171 (6.4%) is not something you want to ignore, so my guess is that GTO simplify it by reducing the frequency a lot when you have the Ah in hand.

Let say villain Cbets 2/3 of the time, and you can’t include those 11 combos into the 114 combos of Cbet range villain represents it becomes a 10% gap factor ; it’s huge.
  • YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I just took the plunge. Looks like it's going to be fun! Hopefully you all aren't finished already. I won't be doing any more than 1 hand per day and that's probably a stretch. I worked through hand #1.

OK

tw0awhhm6u32.png

And the questions:
    QQ: call
    AQo: 3b; AQs: call
    98s: call
    JTo: 3b
    edited December 2016
    I added a tangential discussion about 3b frequency vs 89% Fv3b on the Expert HUNL thread. I wasn't sure if it belonged here and didn't want to hijack the thread for an action that wasn't in the workbook.

@Ninjah you mentioned that you did not want to have any bluffs in the range that you shove on the turn. I would argue that it is vital to have some % of your range be a bluff (semibluff). Without bluffs what incentive does he have to call your shove? His WTSD% is very low at 22% and W$SD is high at 55%. Is it not correct that AK makes up a big piece of his value range on the turn? Won't he fold that to a raise if he thinks you don't shove worse?

Also @SplitSuit you mentioned that if you get postflop and feel that your ranges are too tight you might be too tight preflop. This was in response to @Ninjah's concern that he was only continuing with 1/3 of his preflop range to the villan cbet. I'm not sure I follow this. Isn't it the reverse? The tighter your preflop range the higher your postflop continuance? If you call wide you'll be hosed most of the time (at least on this flop).
    edited December 2016
    Yosh wrote: »
    I added a tangential discussion about 3b frequency vs 89% Fv3b on the Expert HUNL thread. I wasn't sure if it belonged here and didn't want to hijack the thread for an action that wasn't in the workbook.

@Ninjah you mentioned that you did not want to have any bluffs in the range that you shove on the turn. I would argue that it is vital to have some % of your range be a bluff (semibluff). Without bluffs what incentive does he have to call your shove? His WTSD% is very low at 22% and W$SD is high at 55%. Is it not correct that AK makes up a big piece of his value range on the turn? Won't he fold that to a raise if he thinks you don't shove worse?

Also @SplitSuit you mentioned that if you get postflop and feel that your ranges are too tight you might be too tight preflop. This was in response to @Ninjah's concern that he was only continuing with 1/3 of his preflop range to the villan cbet. I'm not sure I follow this. Isn't it the reverse? The tighter your preflop range the higher your postflop continuance? If you call wide you'll be hosed most of the time (at least on this flop).

I would really need to rework the hand to come up with a valid response to all of this because I put myself in a very difficult spot by not polarizing my 3-bet which left my postflop defending range way too weak and it skewed my analysis. I agree that we often need balance but if Villain's range is so strong here, will he be that concerned with what we have? If I did the hand over again and corrected my mistake, I'm sure I could find a few semi-bluffs here (but not many).

You also asked if he would fold AK in this spot and my initial thought is no. In a 3-bet pot, there isn't many hands he will fear on this board and there are draws present that gives him more incentive to pick off a semi-bluff with a hand like AK imo. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't shove a semi-bluff here but I don't see him folding AK here.
  • RudisSohnRudisSohn Red Chipper Posts: 1
    Hey guys, @Yosh U have no offsuit hands u r calling preflop. And u take AQo to 3b.
    AQo vs 13% opening range has 56% equity. By 3betting this hand u turn it into a bluff. Its profitable in this spot but its more profitable to call ip. Since we want to polarize our 3betting range vs the villain I would rather take something like A9s to 3b cause its not good enough to call.
    RudisSohn wrote: »
    By 3betting this hand u turn it into a bluff. Its profitable in this spot but its more profitable to call ip.

This is often repeated. What makes you sure of this?

edited December 2016
    If AQo is 56% vs. his range how come it becomes a bluff when we 3bet. If we know V will call with worst it's not a 3bet bluff it's purely for value. AQo is a great call IP when we know V will passively play his AK and surely give up somewhere in the hand unimproved.
    If he folds 89% to 3b he would only continue with .11 * 13% = 1.4% = [QQ+,AKs] * which you could assume is 4b. In that scenario you don't get to see flop with AQ which is why @RudisSohn is calling it a bluff.

My problem is that I see it all over the place that if you can call profitably then you shouldn't 3b, you should 3b polarized with hands slightly too weak to call. However, the call has to be more profitable than a 3b or you are making an EV mistake. In the case of someone who overfolds to 3b that auto-profit is going to be difficult to beat with a call, especially if it goes multiway. So how do we know that it is better to call?

* Applying the Fv3b stat universally to all open positions is probably a mistake as we don't know exactly where this opponent is doing all his folding.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,034 -

If a player is fit-or-fold, sure. But wider preflop ranges can catch lots of things that can continue postflop (albeit they are gutshots, BDFDs, etc.) Especially in position this is a powerful thing that offers more options, flexibility, and profit potential when paired with solid postflop skills.
    If he folds 89% to 3b he would only continue with .11 * 13% = 1.4% = [QQ+,AKs] * which you could assume is 4b. In that scenario you don't get to see flop with AQ which is why @RudisSohn is calling it a bluff.

Thanks.
  • The MuleThe Mule Red Chipper Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

My problem is that I see it all over the place that if you can call profitably then you shouldn't 3b, you should 3b polarized with hands slightly too weak to call. However, the call has to be more profitable than a 3b or you are making an EV mistake. In the case of someone who overfolds to 3b that auto-profit is going to be difficult to beat with a call, especially if it goes multiway. So how do we know that it is better to call?

* Applying the Fv3b stat universally to all open positions is probably a mistake as we don't know exactly where this opponent is doing all his folding.

@Yosh this relates to the "capture factor" that Tipton uses in HU NLHE part II, and I referenced in another thread a while back.

You can basically turn your entire range into bluffs (excluding the hands that are value against villain's calling/4-betting range) and you will win what's in the pot 89% of the time. You will win even more if villain just calls your 3-bet sometimes. Blockers will also have a big impact on this number.

The question then is, which (if any) hands can I call with that I expect to capture more than 89% of the pot ? If I call with JJ or AQs how much can I expect to win on average ? Is it more than 89% of the current pot ? This is a function of post-flop play so no easy answers.
  • othd13othd13 Red Chipper Posts: 7
    58iiuhsrf9fj.png
    i dont flat alot here because i dont think flat low scs,small pairs, and Axs(xlow) is profitable call here(EP fold 3bet alot-> i can use this hand to 3bet range),this hand easy have dominate issue vs EP range too..Beside of this BB can squezee alot.
    my answer question:1) QQ call, AQ call, 98s 3bet, JTo fold(even EP fold 3bet alot but not need 3bet to wide like this)
    2) 66 raise, Ax call with AK,AQ,AJ, 9c8c fold
    3) two pairs :go allin, ATo call, Axs call(because EP range Cbet Mw on A high board like this is very strong and i dont think i have enough fold eq to make shove here)
  • othd13othd13 Red Chipper Posts: 7
    i prefer call AQ,JJ,AA here because if BB squezee i can easy handle this. i dont want call KK because let multway pot than board A is suck and even i want 3bet EP alot but i still need some value hand to 3bet range. I dont think 3 bet him with all bluff hand and to wide like 2-30% here is reality profitable (he will adjust and fight back )
  • Lou DLou D Red Chipper Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Ok here is what I got for Hand #1

First off I play on a site that doesnt allow huds, so im trying to think about player tendancies I see, in relation to the hud stats in the workbook.

First here is my pre-flop calling range
    33-AA, A3s-A5s, ATs-AKs, AJo-AKo, KJs-KQs, KQo, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s

13.6% Range
    180 Combos

So I decided not to 3 bet him in these spots because he doesnt raise often, so I know he must have a decent hand, Probably 22+, AJs+, AJo+, KJs+, QJs+, JTs+

QQ - Call (I could 3 bet here too)
    AQ -Call
    98s - Call
    JTo - Fold

FLOP
    :Jc :6s :Ac

The pot odds here are 40%. he is a tight player, and his bet is very aggressive which to me now says he has at least paired the board with an Ace or a Jack.. with an outside chance of a flush or straight draw.. but knowing he is tight I really dont think he will bet this much leading off with a draw.

At this point I feel like aside from Sets and Aces or Jacks, I cant continue to this big of a bet. My range now is as follows

66, JJ+, A3s-A5s, ATs-AKs, AJo - AKo, KJs-KQs, QJs, QJo, 76s-JTs

I have 7.89% range and 89 combos

So for the 66, I feel good about the Set, so I will raise.. He may even put me on JJ if he doesnt have them himself, the 66 is pretty hidden here. As for Ax and 98c im calling. I dont really even love calling the 98c here, because of such a high bet and it feels like im chasing a straight, but fold wasnt one of the options in the handbook lol.

TURN
    :9s

So here im just removing 76s-87s from my range. Well im also going to remove any draws to this point because im not going to chase. Pot odds are still 43% which is really high. So ill remove KQ, A3s-A5s because if he has an ACE too, these are low kickers. Really at this point, I dont even feel great about leaving in Jacks with such a high bet.

So this leaves me with
    66, JJ, AA, ATs-AKs, AJo-AKo, 98s, T9s
    So 4.52% and 51 Combos

So first with Two pair, I would have only AJ has an option. I can definetly see shoving with this, because lets say I have AJd, I have pretty high equity at this point.... Also there are low chances he is holding AA since we have already taken two aces out of the deck. Maybe he has AQ or AK which is certainly possible, and he can be betting so high thinking he has top kickers. The only real hand im afraid of at this point is if he has JJ. I dont expect him to bet like this on a draw. So if I have AJ im beating him 70% of the time on the River.

With ATo, this is a clear fold for me. He is not betting like this with any worse hand than ATo.

With AXspades it depends. Of course if I have AJ spades, this is an easy shove.. Im in such a great spot already, with a chance to move to the nuts. Any spade comes out I have 100% equity. If its AJo though,

However if im holding AQ of spades or AT of spades I depends. With AQ of spades, I have still 35% equity. The only thing that makes me hesitant is his 42% bet, but only AK and JJ is beating me right now with the outside chance of the AA. With AT spades, I think this is actually a fold because im chasing a straight. The 10 does not do much for me here.

One other thing is the AK of spades. I would shove this too since of course I have the top kicker and a nut flush draw.

So my range is
    66, JJ, AA, AJs-AKs, AJo-AKo

2.61% range, 27 Combos

Would love to hear feedback from @SplitSuit or anyone else on my thought process here. This was a fun first exercise and I look forward to the rest!
    edited January 2018
    REBOOT

You can click on the pictures.

ll8ssx9rie53.png

76lf15ra1bze.png

aywvivggehsc.png

• Leandro_1Leandro_1 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Hi all. I tried to fill the form. In preflop range I wrote all of my continuing hands, but not the 3bet. And in flop percentage the hands that I would continue to the turn either by raising or calling.
    Preflop I would raise a range with more bluff than value because of his fold to 3bet stats. And I would keep strong hands in the calling range to be able to continue on more flops against his range.
    Because of the flop cbet stats and turn cbet I did not care so much in continuing with more hands. It may seem to aggressive to raise all flush draws, but I find hard to do anything else.
  • Leandro_1Leandro_1 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I paste the Hand 1 here for easy reading with out downloading:

villain opening range: AA-22,AKo-AJo,KQo,AKs-ATs,A5s-A2s,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s
    (15,2%)+
    My 3bet range:AA-KK,44-22,AKo-ATo,A9s-A2s,K9s-K2s,Q9s,J9s,T8s,97s (to exploit villain fold to 3bet) 11,9%

preflop:
    AA-22,AKo-ATo,KQo,AKs-A2s,KQs-K2s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s,76s,65s
    call (9,1%)

Answers:
    QQ:call
    AQo:3bet AQs:call
    98s: call
    JTo:fold

Reaching the Flop:
    QQ-55,KQo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s
    I will continue with 63% of this range to the turn (105 combos gutshots, backdoor FD, middle set, Top Pair, middle pairs)

Answers:
    66: Raise
    Ax: call
    98c:call

Reaching the turn:

QQ-JJ,KQo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,Tc9c,9c8c,8c7c,8s7s,7c6c,6c5c
    I will continue to the river with 50% of this (60 combos Flush draws, two pairs +)

Answers:
    Two Pair: Raise
    ATo: Fold
    AXs: Raise

• Cees_DCees_D Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Hi all, this is what I made of hand #1

(50NL 0.25/0.50) I see EP as tight with 13% rfi. My normal vpip is 25%. Against EP 13% RFI I should open less. Not 13% cos I have position, but I’m not sure what percentage I can widen IP. I also have to account for the fact that his range is NOT capped if I CALL, so QQ+/AK are also in it. Ok I took 13% and then removed my 3Bet range QQ+/AQ+

EP’s RFI range:
    AA-77,AKo-AJo,KQo-KJo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s,87s
    13% and 172 combo’s

My pre flop calling range:
    JJ-77,AJo,KQo-KJo,AJs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s,87s
    9,20% and 122 combo’s

PRE FLOP
    If we 3bet we need EP to fold about 68% (5.25/(0.25+0.50+1.75+5.25)) of the time. His Fv3bet is 89% so we're more than good. EP has a Fv3bet of 89% (11% of 13% is 1,43%. He will continue with AA-QQ,[30]AKs[/30])

QQ = 3bet.
    AQ = 3bet.
    98s = 3Bet.
    JTo = 3Bet.

SB and BB are quite loose. I think 3bet calling 5.4% (JJ-99,AKo-AJo,KQo,AKs-AJs,KQs). Only QQ and AQ have more than 50% equity against this range. 98s and JTo have only about 35%. But this is only 1/18 times. So I feel good about 3betting all.

BB Calling range (20% - 266 combos) TT-22,AJo-ATo,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AJs-A2s,KQs-K9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s-86s,76s-75s,65s,54s

Flop :Jc :6s :Ac

EP is tight but his FCB is 65%. So 65% of his PF range continues (65% - 92 combo's of previous range) This is Middle pair+/flush draws/45% Gut shots (AA-JJ,AKo-AJo,KQo-KJo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs-J9s,Qc9c,Tc9c,Tc8c,9c8c,8c7c)

EP bets 2/3 pot so I need 28.5% equity. If EP continues with 65% of his range I'm also. Then I have 40% equity, which is more than I need. (Could even put in the weak pairs). Against BB continue range we are 50/50.

My flop calling range:
    JJ,AJo,KJo,AJs-ATs,KJs,QJs,JTs-J9s,KcQc,KcTc,QcTc,Qc9c,Tc9c,Tc8c,9c8c,8c7c (Middle pair+/flush draw/OESD/gut shot)
    62,5% and 65 combo’s (of previous range)

66 = Call to induce CR from BB or get him to join.
    Ax = Call to get BB to join. Some strong Ax combo's are in EP's range, so pot control.
    98s = Raise to win the pot or get HU. 8c9c has 37.5% against EP's flop range. I don't think it will play well on turn and river. (Maybe this is too aggressive . . . )

Turn :Jc :6s :Ac :9s

I need 44% equity (56.95/(16.48+56.95+56.95)) If I shove, what will he call? If he only continues with TP+ and I continue with TP+/Flush draws I'm good at 45.5%

My turn all-in range:
    JJ,AJo,AJs-ATs,J9s,KcQc,KsQs,KsJs,KcTc,KsTs,QsJs,QcTc,QsTs,Qc9c,JsTs,Tc9c,Tc8c,9c8c,8c7c
    48,4% and 31 combo’s (of previous range)

EP’s turn calling range:
    EP's TCB 56%. So 56% of his flop range he will CB. EP TP+/45% PP below TP (56% - 51 combo's of previous range) (AA-JJ,AKo-AJo,AKs-ATs,J9s)

TURN scenario 2:
    If he only continues with 2pair+ he will only continue with 18% of his remaining range of 48%. So he will be folding 30/48 = 62.5%. Which is more than the 44% we need.

Two pair = AJ all in. (79% EV vs BB) /J9 all in (57% EV vs BB) And of the sets we have JJ and BB has 66
    ATo = not in my range.
    AsXs = AsTs+ Call and hope to river a flush. As9s- fold

• dave19067dave19067 Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited October 7
    Some specific notes I had. FYI I also did the range calculations and percentages, but didn't want to include it here because it would be too much detail.

Preflop - I'm probably wrong but my calling range against this specific raiser is AA - KK lol because of his high 3-bet fold. Though thinking back, we could also call with pocket pairs and try to set mine since he has high aggression. QQ and under is too weak to just call due to the somewhat loose opponents in the blinds. With suited connectors like 98s, we can 3-bet it knowing raiser is likely to fold and he's likely not going to pay us off postflop. In fact, we could profitably three-bet most of our range until he adjusts.

Flop - 66 is a call and Ax is a call but fold to a reraise. 98s is a raise since the better most likely miss and even if he does hit and call the raise, we can bet on the turn since it will put a lot of pressure on the weak pair hands he most likely has at this point. Note: Although bettor's c-bet is 67%, it should be a lot smaller against 2 other opponents.

Turn - Twopair is all-in because its pretty vulnerable here due to BB having drawing hands, though we should be ahead of the bettor. ATo is a fold because due to the turn barrel, it narrows the bettor's range to one that crushes us. AXs would just be a call because the bettor has a strong hand and we don't have fold equity. However, our pot odds matches our equity and we could also keep BB in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file