Hand 10: XX on 973

NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭
The BB has a 3-bet% of 16% but it is a small sample and MP opens too many hands from that position at 25%, I want to a value-focused 3-betting range in this situation because I expect to see a flop quite often opponents who are likely to be sticky.

3-betting AA-99,AKo-AJo,KQo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KJs,QJs,JTs 118 combos at 8.75%

Workbook Questions: 3-betting AA, AJ, and calling 98s

Flop: :9c:7c:3s

Down to 113 combos on the flop. The board is semi-connected and Villain can still have a lot of flush draws in his range so that is concerning. That being said, he has a high fold percentage in 3-bet pots and also has a low showdown percentage, so I believe it’s best to bet here with hands that have equity. I’m betting 75 out of 113 combos for an 66.4% frequency.

Workbook Questions: Bet AA, 9x n.a, check AKdd

Turn: :Ad

Down to 66 combos on the turn. The Ace is a much better card for me than it is for him as I have more Aces in my range, including AA. However, I don’t see any reason to bloat the pot with hands like KK and QQ as these hands can be put into some tough river spots. I’m betting my Ax hands, sets, and flush draws. Betting 36 out of 66 combos for a 54.5% frequency.

Workbook Questions: Bet AK, check JhTh and QQ

River: :8s

On the river, I am shoving all of my Ax hands as well as my sets and JcTc. Betting with 33 out of 36 combos for a 91.7% frequency.

Workbook Questions: Shove Ax, QQ and T9 n/a

Comments

• epokertable.netepokertable.net Red Chipper Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I agree with most of your play. I would probably bet the AdKd on the flop though since his FvFCBi3b is 69%. That means a bet with ATC is profitable. With AK you have equity when called.

I 100% agree with your turn play.

I agree with your river play. On the workbook question for the river are you saying QQ is n/a or a shove? If you are shoving QQ that would be the only thing I disagree with as I think you are only getting called by better and allowing worse to get away. I think you are saying QQ is n/a though.
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most of your play. I would probably bet the AdKd on the flop though since his FvFCBi3b is 69%. That means a bet with ATC is profitable. With AK you have equity when called.

I agree with your river play. On the workbook question for the river are you saying QQ is n/a or a shove? If you are shoving QQ that would be the only thing I disagree with as I think you are only getting called by better and allowing worse to get away. I think you are saying QQ is n/a though.

Yeah I'm saying n/a because I didn't bet it on the turn so it's no longer in my betting range.
  • epokertable.netepokertable.net Red Chipper Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Ninjah wrote: »

Yeah I'm saying n/a because I didn't bet it on the turn so it's no longer in my betting range.

That's what I figured.

Are you still working on the hands? I'm hoping to compare my thoughts with yours in section 2.
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭
    Ninjah wrote: »

That's what I figured.

Are you still working on the hands? I'm hoping to compare my thoughts with yours in section 2.

I'm hoping to get started this weekend but not sure yet. I'm gonna be really busy with a lot of stuff over the next several days.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file