Capped Betting

AA Red Chipper Posts: 2
I play live games in Colorado where the most you can bet with any particular action is $100. For example if my opponent bets $40 I can raise to $140 but no higher and he can then raise to $240 only (regardless of stack sizes). It makes sense that this limitation should change certain strategy decisions but I was wondering if anybody had any concrete ideas on how to adjust your strategy accordingly.

I am assuming that almost no change needs to be made at the $1/$2 level but at $2/$5 and higher I think that it could affect decisions significantly as you can't easily play for stacks.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• grindngrindn Red Chipper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Might have to dust off some of the old Limit books. Seems like in the larger stakes games and if there is any significant pre-flop action, post flop play would be closer to limit than no limit strategy.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭
    As @grindn noted, this is now a limit game -- a high limit relative to the buy-in, but a limit game nonetheless.
  • bocky7bocky7 Red Chipper Posts: 367 ✭✭
    Even at a 1/2 table, changes need to be used, but the changes are easy. In a 1/2 100 game you should use a shorter stack strategy (meaning you play less marginal hands and you play premium hands stronger)(and yes it is similar to a limit game)(less at 1/2 and more so at 2/5).

I play regularly at the Ameristar in Blackhawk.(mostly 30/60 in the winter months)The 2/5 game should be played very similar to the limit game (even though many of the players i often play against "incorrectly" do not).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file