Flop Falcon software

boyd148boyd148 Red Chipper Posts: 91 ✭✭
@DougHull Awesome Idea! Do you have a release date yet? How about a price? Free for Pro Members?

Comments

• AcesaladAcesalad Red Chipper Posts: 240 ✭✭
    What is Flop Falcon Software?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,970 -
    boyd148 wrote: »
    @DougHull Awesome Idea! Do you have a release date yet? How about a price? Free for Pro Members?

1. Likely in January 2017
    2. Somewhere between $20-$50 (one-time fee)
    3. Same fee for everyone.
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!
  • boyd148boyd148 Red Chipper Posts: 91 ✭✭
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,923 -
    boyd148 wrote: »
    Can't wait!

You have no idea.

Being slightly British I tend to avoid hyperbole, but I've been beta-testing this and have spent a lot of my time with my mouth hanging open in amazement.

Do you remember the first time you got your hands on PokerStove? It's that feeling.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I have also been beta testing it and it is awesome. It has applications that we have not even thought of yet. Stay tuned for lots of Flop Falcon content. Excellent work Doug.
    How is it different than Flopzilla?
    Well if it's bird vs dinosaur I'm betting on the dinosaur every time!
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭
    What if I told you some dinosaurs were birds and some birds were dinosaurs...
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say I think we're getting off topic :)
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,705 -
    Acesalad wrote: »

Its a bird. The other one is a Dinosaur.

I wish I had intended this in naming the product. I lol'd pretty hard.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
    edited January 2017
    Acesalad wrote: »

Let me start out by saying Flopzilla is great software, every serious poker player should buy a copy.

The big differences between Flop Falcon and Flopzilla (and Equilab, poker stove, etc...) to me are:

Filtering by when they hit too

What good is it to play a speculative hand if they don't hit when you do?

Flop Falcon allows both ranges to select their "hit requirements" so you know how often you will hit your hand and they hit theirs.

Break down in equity.

Flopzilla (and all other analysis software I know of) gives the average equity- a single number.

Flop Falcon shows the breakdown or spread of that equity in a histogram. There is a big difference between having 50% equity where half the time you have 0% equity and half the time you have 100% equity and having 50% equity where every time you are a coin flip.

Flop Falcon is showing the difference between "Way ahead or way behind" and "coin flip" where both reduce to "50%" equity when seen as a single number in other software.

Flop Filtering

Certain ranges play better on certain flop textures. All of the above analysis can be done on a subset of flop textures. Want to only consider "paired rainbow flops", or "Ace high flops where you don't hit a set" We can do that with Flop Falcon.

• Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭
    @Doug Hull Did you ever try PokerCruncher and if so how does Flop Falcon differentiate himself from it ?
    Poker Cruncher is an app that is limited in features but is available on mobile. It gives you a single number for equity in a range on second range (on third range, on fourth range...) scenario. That is all it really does, but it does it well.

The portability is the key feature for it. I use it at the tables after I get sucked out on to quantify my bad luck!

These are two different things really. I recommend Poker Crunch for mobile use without hesitation, but it is different thing totally than Flop Falcon for all the reasons mentioned earlier.
    Get ready for Flop Falcon to fly
    Ca Caw
  • ChibberChibber Red Chipper Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Will this software be available for both PC and iOS?
    Doug Hull wrote: »
    Poker Cruncher is an app that is limited in features but is available on mobile. It gives you a single number for equity in a range on second range (on third range, on fourth range...) scenario. That is all it really does, but it does it well.

The portability is the key feature for it. I use it at the tables after I get sucked out on to quantify my bad luck!

These are two different things really. I recommend Poker Crunch for mobile use without hesitation, but it is different thing totally than Flop Falcon for all the reasons mentioned earlier.
    I think you didn't played a lot with it @Doug Hull because the mobile version is not the full version. The "expert" version is on MAC and PC and it does a lot of things. Actually Hunter Cichy did a video for Red Chip about it. Since then the app did some good update too.
    @Adam Wheeler
    Are we talking about this?

http://www.pokercruncher.com/

I don't see a PC version, If there is one, I missed it in their website.

I don't have a Mac, rewatching bits of the Hunter video, Cruncher looks similar to Flopzilla so everything I said above, applies to Cruncher also.

I love Cruncher on mobile.

Chibber wrote: »
    Will this software be available for both PC and iOS?

PC only. I don't have a Mac. I wrote this in MATLAB, and could compile a version for that platform if there was huge demand, but I would need a funded kickstarter to buy a Mac just for this first... So, unlikely...
  • tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    @Doug Hull What are the features that Flopzilla has that Flop Falcon will not? Are both products going to be necessary or will Flop Falcon fulfill all my deepest desires?
    edited January 2017
    Flop Falcon does not do turn and river cards directly.

The Falcon does play well with other software by copying and pasting ranges.

The Flop Falcon

* does range on range (Flopzilla does not without a free add-on that Doug never got working [Edited after response below from @porter] )
    * does hit requirements for both ranges
    * does flop filtering (only paired flops, Ace high, etc...)
    * gives unique histogram breakdown of equity, not just average.
    * more detailed flop hit requirements (not all 2p are equal)
    * Calculates mutual hit, mutual miss, single player hit percentages.
    edited January 2017
    Doug Hull wrote: »
    @Adam Wheeler
    Are we talking about this?

http://www.pokercruncher.com/

I don't see a PC version, If there is one, I missed it in their website.

I don't have a Mac, rewatching bits of the Hunter video, Cruncher looks similar to Flopzilla so everything I said above, applies to Cruncher also.

I love Cruncher on mobile.

Well cruncher does range vs. range which Flopzilla dont do i think.
    It does Hit Hand stats and Make Hand stats on any Flop/Turn/River
    kzgm7mupv33p.png
    You can filter every streets.
    It gives EQ% distribution in the Matrix and with a Grap like CREV.
    You can weight range.
    And it calculate up to 10 players.

It's a really must for MAC users and yes you are right there is no PC version. The full version is way ahead of the mobile one.

When are you gonna launch Flop Falcon ?
    We are deciding on a date. Could be as early as This month. Certainly by February.
    This new article: http://redchippoker.com/set-mine-nits/ gives some more idea of what Flop Falcon is all about.

Thanks for the article Doug. It should start becoming clear to the audience that this is a more powerful way to look at flops when planning a hand. To compare it to Poker Cruncher or Flopzilla is short sighted. Flop Falcon will change the way we look at flops.
    Looking forward to more content.
    @tfazio

It's a bit hard for those who didn't try the software to share the enthusiasm and normal to ask questions ;)
  • porterporter Red Chipper Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    @Doug Hull @Adam Wheeler

I'm looking forward to checking out Flop Falcon but, to be clear, Flopzilla does perform range vs. range analysis. You just have to open two instances of Flopzilla and link them to HoldEQ (which is free/included with Flopzilla). It is a bit clunky but it's very powerful. @SplitSuit has at least one video where he explores this functionality.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file