Did I just piss them off or do they have the nuts?

JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
Won a satty to a $60 bi 4k gtd online tourney. The player that put me to the test in this particular hand seemed very solid and was playing some really good poker. I think I tilted her slightly when I sucked out and hit my double gutter on the river against her set of queens. I also ran into a little bit of a heater after I sucked out. This hand happened about 10 hands after that one. Wanted to run this hand by you guys and get your thoughts on how I should have proceeded.

Blinds 300/600/60 7 handed at this point

Hero: BU with 64k (106bbs) I had everyone covered by about 60bbs :Qc :Ad
V1: BB with 22999 (38bbs)
V2: CO with 7850 ( 13bbs)

CO limps 600 I raise to 2100 from the BU
BB calls
CO calls

FLOP: :2s :Qh :Th
POT: 6960

BB checks CO checks I bet 3480
BB calls
CO folds

TURN: :Jd
POT: 13920

BB ships all in with her last 18k

POT: 31939

I have 58750 behind and need to call another 18k to win almost 32k

Now what? Do I call here? One pair and a draw to broadway?

Hand is eating me up....

Comments

• Renato_LRenato_L Red Chipper Posts: 190
    edited December 2016
    personally, i would call. she could be spewing with hands worse than yours, especially if you'd been especially agressive and had an image as such.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jules
    c'mon now... you're smarter than this.
    if you've sucked out on this player - then they're going to think you're lucky and avoid you with crappy hands.
    instead, they're going to call you with good hands or hands that play well and try to outdraw you (and suck out on you!)

So - don't think about the meta here... think about ranges.
    What range do you beat that V is shoving with?
    Maybe :AH: :JH: or :KH: :JH: ...
    now how many value hands can she have?
    I can count a ton....

Your decisions ALWAYS need to be logic-based.
    If this person is always shoving on a draw.... your decision is easy.
    but if they're a solid player - they probably have a made hand and we're way behind.
  • JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    Renato_L wrote: »
    she could be spewing with hands worse than yours, especially if you'd been especially agressive and had an image as such.

Well she wasn't on "super donkey tilt" in the words of Will Kassouff. :) I don't think it was a total spew. She seemed more solid then that. @Renato_L you are calling because you think it is a spew? Thought did go through my mind.....

kagey wrote: »
    @Jules
    c'mon now... you're smarter than this.

Why thank you @kagey
    kagey wrote: »
    What range do you beat that V is shoving with?
    Maybe :AH: :JH: or :KH: :JH: ...
    now how many value hands can she have?
    I can count a ton....

Your decisions ALWAYS need to be logic-based.
    If this person is always shoving on a draw.... your decision is easy.
    but if they're a solid player - they probably have a made hand and we're way behind.

But seriously. This is something I've had to work hard on with my game. Both winners tilt and making stupid calls. When she called my preflop raise I didn't think much of it. She had been defending her blind consistently. On the flop when she calls my c bet I thought maybe she held a weak queen or flush draw. When she ships the turn I thought oh crap TT,JJ,AK,JQ,QT? Maybe she even flatted with AA or KK?

Thing is when we try to come up with hand ranges aren't they supposed to narrow down on the following streets and not widen?

My next thought was man I'm gonna be annoyed if she has AQ. :( But why is she putting all her chips in on the turn? It's an over bet of the pot. If she was drawing wouldn't it have been better for her to check raise me on the turn?

I really wanted to call. Back in the day I would of snap called. I stopped and tried to really think about her range and then decide if calling 18k to win 32k was a good decision. I'm not quite getting 2:1 and if she's putting all her chips in she must be nutted. No? Maybe this is flawed thinking on my part. The math was weighing very heavy on my final decision....
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I mean, cool it on projecting an emotional dynamic here. If villain is as solid as you say then we can't just presume she's on tilt based on one hand where she got outdrawn.

As far as whether you should call or not, you should determine which hands villain would do this with (value hands and semi-bluffs only here since she thinks your hand is strong). Either use Flopzilla or sit down with a pen and paper to determine the number of combos of each, the make your conclusion accordingly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file