Flopzilla question

SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
So I'm using the redchippoker.com/fold-equity-calculator/ in conjunction with flopzilla.com/ . I found out my preflop shove needs to work 29% of the time to break even. Is there anyway to calculate this precisely in Flopzilla?

Here's what I did: Gave the opener a range of 225 combos of hands, and a calling range of 92 hands. Obviously that's more than half so my 29% break even % is met. But I want Flopzilla to tell me what % of the opening range he's folding. Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance., I'm kind of rusty on the 'zilla!

Comments

• tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 816 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what your trying to show but if you hit the normal tag (next to absolute button) and it will turn to inverted and give you the reverse range.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,615 -
    I think you may be letting the tail wag the dog here.

Go to Flopzilla,
    Give an open range.
    Note the number of combos.
    Change to call-off range.
    Calculate the fold percentage from these two numbers.
    See if that is high enough with FEq calculator.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    tfazio wrote: »
    Not sure what your trying to show but if you hit the normal tag (next to absolute button) and it will turn to inverted and give you the reverse range.

Don't see the normal tag, but I clicked the absolute button and the readout changed to cumulative.
    Doug Hull wrote: »
    I think you may be letting the tail wag the dog here.

Go to Flopzilla,
    Give an open range.
    Change to call-off range.
    Calculate the fold percentage from these two numbers.
    See if that is high enough with FEq calculator.

This is what I did. I made the post wondering if there was a feature that would calculate the percentage for me. I know I've overlooked Flopzilla features before. I'll take this reply as strong evidence that this feature doesn't exist and not worry about it anymore.

• kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doug Hull & @SplitSuit
    that FE calculator is a sweet tool.
    is there any way that RCP can create a button or link (on the header black bar) so it's as easy to access as "Home?"

Whenever I want to access it... I find myself doing a search that sometimes becomes frustrating... (I know, I should bookmark it! lol!)
    Let's see what James thinks. We try and be uncluttered.

Personally, I just search it. I kinda hope searching it and clicking it gives it more Google juice. Let me have my illusions please!

It's number 1 on Google when I search "fold equity calculator"
    That is no accident, @SaintsTigers
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭
    kagey wrote: »
    @Doug Hull & @SplitSuit
    that FE calculator is a sweet tool.
    is there any way that RCP can create a button or link (on the header black bar) so it's as easy to access as "Home?"

Whenever I want to access it... I find myself doing a search that sometimes becomes frustrating... (I know, I should bookmark it! lol!)
    Let's see what James thinks. We try and be uncluttered.

Personally, I just search it. I kinda hope searching it and clicking it gives it more Google juice. Let me have my illusions please!

Just add a button right of the settings button up right corner named tools. Than put the FE and Ev calculator there ;)

I'll wait for the brown envelope thanks.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooooohhhhh... GOOGLE search!

I've been using the RCPF search engine above "New Discussion"
    I'm so stupid!
    I just put the final (?) touches on Flop Falcon. It is going out for testing again, but everything is expected to be good with it. Once we get Software at Red Chip Poker, we are likely to move things on the dashboard and that will be a good time to add these things.

Here is a screenshot

gplzE7z.jpg

• tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Don't see the normal tag, but I clicked the absolute button and the readout changed to cumulative.

Just to the right of the absolute button "normal" click it and it will change to inverted.
    edited December 2016
    I just put the final (?) touches on Flop Falcon. It is going out for testing again, but everything is expected to be good with it. Once we get Software at Red Chip Poker, we are likely to move things on the dashboard and that will be a good time to add these things.

Here is a screenshot

gplzE7z.jpg

Sweet. I'm game to beta test this tool. :) Your flop analysis video from last year had a dramatic impact on my game.

Just to the right of the absolute button "normal" click it and it will change to inverted.

Thanks, I found this earlier today. The normal button doesn't appear until I enter in cards for a flop.

By the way, I found out through a training video that holdem resources calculator has the feature I made the op about. For now, though, I'm sticking with Flopzilla until I master it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file