Wet board, loose table, low spr

theClubbertheClubber Red Chipper Posts: 167 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in Tournament Poker Hands
Live $250 buy in large field Vegas.
Table generally very loose pre flop.
Blinds 100/200/25 hero has 7200 all villains cover.

Raise :Ac :Jd from mp1. Cutoff and button call. Bb calls.

Flop (2350) :Tc :9h :8c

What's the best line here?

Comments

• SliverOverlordSliverOverlord Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    Without any player specific reads postflop here I'm default Cbetting here for 1000-1400ish with the plan to barrel any A, Club, 7, K or Q. I think you have plenty of equity on the flop to use for a semibluff. If we check here I think we have to give up unless the CO raises and both Button and BB fold, allowing us to act last, and this hand seems too strong to fold. Since they are pretty loose Preflop, I would expect at least 1 person to continue here, and I would feel a lot more comfortable if I knew that were capable of folding to a second bet, of if the Button and CO fold giving us position.
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    That flop is really good for the callers' ranges, and bad for yours. So I don't think you have much fold equity. Accordingly, I'm check calling this flop a lot.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    That flop is really good for the callers' ranges, and bad for yours. So I don't think you have much fold equity. Accordingly, I'm check calling this flop a lot.

You wouldn't check-raise? That would be the only reason that I would opt to check...
  • sparkyAAsparkyAA Red Chipper Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Check-Raise for sure. Two overs, open ended, backdoor nut flush draw and a decent amount of fold equity, after villain bets around 1k and you shove 2x pot. You are short stacked in a large field tournament, can't waste opportunities

The only reason to check call would be to shove any turn card
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Yeah I can get on board with a check raise. Depending on sizing if the other players bet, I might also check-call, donk turn. If the flop checks through, I'm looking to delay c-bet a lot of turns. I definitely wouldn't c-bet that flop multiway.
  • theClubbertheClubber Red Chipper Posts: 167 ✭✭
    I agree that check shove is better than standard c-bet. C-bet very likely to get at least 1 caller and we will often end up OOP with even smaller SPR and many tough spots on turn.

What about overbet shove on flop vs check raise?
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • theClubbertheClubber Red Chipper Posts: 167 ✭✭
    It's very far from money so chip EV close to $EV. And if I fold without putting another chip in pot will have 22bb next hand (end of level).
  • uglytunauglytuna Red Chipper Posts: 109 ✭✭
    theClubber wrote: »
    What about overbet shove on flop vs check raise?

I think we are too deep to open shove here. Unless you're indifferent on a call or a fold.

Tuna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file