Can i bluff catch here with ace high? or can i transform otherwise my hand on bluff ?

sumoswimsumoswim Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭
edited January 2017 in Online Poker Hands
We are 6 handed.
It's folded to me on the B, Vilain on BB is a 23/17

PF
B (Hero: 101$) raises to 2.25
SB FOld
BB ( vilain: 113$) calls 1.25

Flop ( pot 5$) :Jd:Th:4c

BB checks
Hero bets 2.5
BB calls

Turn ( 10$) :Jd:Th:4c:Td
BB bets 3
Hero calls

River (16$): :Jd:Th:4c:Td:8s

BB bets 16
Hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    I lean towards folding when villains bet small then pot. That pattern is usually strong. KQ missed, Q9 didn't. Ace high is pretty good as a bluff catcher but sometimes he has AQ / 98. Might be worth a call to find out what he's doing. His line is very difficult to balance, and will therefore be easy to exploit down the road.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Your story doesn't hold, IMO. I think that you would have needed to raise his turn bet to be able to sell the river bluff (not that that's what you should have done but rather what you would have need to have done to make the river bluff plausible).
    I should say also, that whatever is going on here, this is a polarizing action. Most opponents won't show up here with QJo or 99. It's going to be AJ and better or a bluff.
  • sumoswimsumoswim Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Yosh wrote: »
    I should say also, that whatever is going on here, this is a polarizing action. Most opponents won't show up here with QJo or 99. It's going to be AJ and better or a bluff.

According to you, AJ would really C/C the flop and check the turn?
    My point was that betting small and then betting large is significant. It's not generally something that middling hands do.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The problem imo here is when we call that small bet Turn on that particular board what are we really representing ?

I think it gives green light for V to understand that we dont have a strong hand here. Or a hand that have some equity but dont want to put a lot of money in the middle.

If i was V i would bomb river a high percentage of time.
  • sumoswimsumoswim Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭

If i was V i would bomb river a high percentage of time.

In other words there are some bluffs here If I understood correctly?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file