Grisped MTT Bundle Hand ranges

PaulPaul Red Chipper Posts: 7
Hi there. I am in the process of constructing MTT ranges for myself and bought the Gripsed bundle mainly because it claimed that ranges for 9 max and 6 max would be provided. However, the charts as far as I can see only offer the value of every holdem hand, which is useful maths, but what I really need is ranges from UTG to BB. It would also be useful to have a baseline for how these change relative to your stack size and the stack size of your opponents. Now I understand a lot depends on opponents, reads, specific situations etc in an infinitely complex game tree, but I think it is useful and very important to have that solid foundation of set ranges that are used as a default (but can be deviated from when necessary).

Anyway if anybody has any opinions on this that would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are handing out ranges like coupons at all sorts of sites, polk around. Shows how devalued they are and where your study really should be.
  • PaulPaul Red Chipper Posts: 7
    Yeah I have seen those, but the Polk ranges are mainly cash game based I believe. What do you mean they are devalued and where your study should be? Thanks for the comment.
  • mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    I think he meant Poke around. I would watch the Young series on here if you are pro. The first is developing a preflop MTT strat
    Yeah I have those videos, thanks for the advice, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try and have a Polk around :)
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul wrote: »
    Yeah I have those videos, thanks for the advice, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try and have a Polk around :)

Note: what you're asking for is somewhat complicated.
    you'll see that Jordan provides his ranges for a certain BB stack depth.
    If you play a deep stack event, you should adjust those ranges to reflect your stack size.

it's easier to create opening & calling ranges in cash because you typically know the stack depth. But in tournies, stacks are constantly changing which means you should be tweaking your ranges with every blind level increase.
    Interesting, by how much are you tweaking your ranges for one blind increase, say early on and then also late on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file