Fold equity or a jam

jaxbanker2202jaxbanker2202 Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
$.05/$10 6 max on Ignition; effective stacks $7.75. Been at the table for about 3 orbits, and nothing particularly interesting on V who is button. Hero is cutoff w :As :9s .

Preflop H raises to $.30 and is called by B and SB. Pot is $1.00.

Flop is :2s :3s :Qd
H leads for $.65, B raises to $2.11 and SB folds.
At this point, V has 30% of his stack in the middle. Do I have any fold equity if I jam or does that not really matter, since I have the nut flush draw and an over?

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    At these stakes, I feel that it's more likely that Villain is raising you with top pair/set than a bluff raise (with the exception of a weaker flush draw which you crush), and if this is true then it means that he likely isn't folding so I'm not really thinking much about FE. Shoving over him with this draw balances out other hands that you could have on this spot such as AQ, QQ-AA, and 22/33.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭
    The power of a draw (especially is a nut draw) is predicated on fold equity. If you feel that you have next-to-none here, then you can do one of two things: (1) flat call and then bet big / shove on the turn; or (2) min-raise and then shove the turn. Either one of those will generate more fold equity, based on your post, than a shove on the flop.
  • JRthekid32JRthekid32 Red Chipper Posts: 7
    Agree that this is very unlikely to be a bluff because of the stakes, also because the SB was still in the hand before the button raised. Getting about 2.5 to 1 on the current street, I think you can call for implied odds on the turn if you hit but I think that's about your only option.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file