Flopped a Full House multiway, did I extract enough value?

hellsdesirehellsdesire Red Chipper Posts: 22
Hi guys, this time I flopped a monster in a 4-way pot in an NL10 game. But looking back I wondered if I could have gotten more value out of this hand?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (UTG+1) ($18.11)
MP1 ($10.19)
MP2 ($18.74)
CO ($13.26)
Button ($10)
SB ($9.16)
BB ($7.21)
UTG ($4)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Qdiamond.gif, Qspade.gif
1 fold, Hero raises $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35, MP2 calls $0.35, 3 folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.45) 6diamond.gif, Qheart.gif, 6club.gif (4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks

Turn: ($1.45) 8diamond.gif (4 players)
1 fold, Hero bets $0.72, MP1 calls $0.72, MP2 calls $0.72

River: ($3.61) 3diamond.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, MP1 bets $3.61, MP2 calls $3.61, Hero raises $17.04 (All-In), MP1 calls $5.51 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $25.46

Results below:
Hero had Qdiamond.gif, Qspade.gif (full house, Queens over sixes).
MP1 had 8spade.gif, 8heart.gif (full house, eights over sixes).
Outcome: Hero won $24.19

Thought Process: I raise in EP for 3.5x BB with Queens and get 3 callers. MP1 is 20/12 with an AF of 1 over 161 hands. MP2 is fishy, 52/29 with AF of 11 over 22 hands. Note here that both me and MP2 are nearly 200BB deep. The BB is 26/0/1 over 31 hands.

The flop gives me Queens full, and being 4-way I'm just praying someone has something because the board is so dry. BB checks to me. Deciding that my hand is too strong here, I decided to check as well to induce. But should I have CBet here? A queen is definitely within my range since I opened from UTG and will help inflate the pot if I get any callers who have middling pairs, a 6 or overcards, plus there is a fish in the pot. Not betting here might be suspicious, wouldn't it?

It gets checked down and the turn comes the 8d, putting a flush draw on the board. The BB decides to insta-fold his hand, which is quite bizarre. On to me, I decided to bet for about half pot here, hoping that someone has a flush draw. I would have bet bigger here but I was afraid it might chase the remaining players away. They both call and we go to the river.

The river comes the 3d which completes a flush, which is great for me. If any of my opponents have a flush, there is a high chance they would bet for value so I decided to check hoping to underep my hand as a TPTK hand. MP1 decides to lead out for a full pot sized bet. MP2 calls and the pot is now $10.83. MP2 has $14 remaining in his stack and I wanted all of it, so I decided to come over the top with a shove. MP1 calls and MP2 folds. MP1 shows 8s full.

Question 1) Should I have bet on the flop to inflate the pot and get callers since it was multiway in addition to there being a fish? Or was my check here good?

Question 2) On the river, should I have just re-raised a smaller size to try and get MP2 to put in more money in the pot? Or would I not be in this situation had I just pushed money into the pot on earlier streets?

Any feedback on how I could have played this monster better would be great!

Comments

• kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    i like what you did.
    if you bet flop - big possibility 88 doesn't see turn.
    besides, you got his full stack.

a river shove should be a boat.
    a really bad player might call with a 6 or a flush... but that's rare.

you started with 10 - ended with 25, nice hand.
    (it's good to be greedy and review winning hands... but think about it, you had the board paralyzed and STILL more than doubled your stack!)
    good job.
  • hellsdesirehellsdesire Red Chipper Posts: 22
    Okay great! Thank you for the feedback, I just wanted to take the most optimal line when playing even my winning hands :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file