How To Share A Poker Hand

Red Chip PokerRed Chip Poker Posts: 98 -
edited September 2017 in Online Poker Hands
So you have a hand that you want to share on the forum, but you aren't sure how to post it? Well look no further! Just do the following:

1. Register/Log-In: Only registered users that are logged in can start threads.

2. Start A Thread: Start a new thread in the Poker Hand Forum by clicking the 'New Discussion' button near the top of the page. Please note that you need to make 1-2 posts in the forum BEFORE you will have the option to start your own thread (this is to minimize spam on the forum).

3. Add Your Hand: Either type the hand out manually, or use a hand converter if you are sharing an online poker hand. If you are converting a hand, make sure to choose the phpbb forums output if it's offered. For instance, if you convert your hand with http://www.handconverter.com/, you'd select the following from the drop-down menu:

convert.png

If you add a hand manually, you can use the card suits on the right to spice up your post since 9 :spade 9 :heart looks prettier than 9s 9h

There are also other sites, such as ShareMyPair that offer hand replayers you can embed. If you use ShareMyPair, choose Red Chip Poker as your theme ♥

4. Details, Details, Details: Make sure to add details such as reads, stakes, important information, etc. The more detailed your post is, the better the feedback will be.

5. Submit: Once everything is ready, just click the Submit button and share your hand. If you want to follow the conversation more easily, be sure to bookmark your thread by clicking the star icon near the top of the thread.
The official forum account for Red Chip Poker.
«1

Comments

  • al.eversonal.everson Red Chipper Posts: 15
    Is there any "live hand converter"?
    I mean one that can automatically generate the hand in an online format like Pokerstars hand histories.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,950 -
    al.everson wrote:
    Is there any "live hand converter"?
    I mean one that can automatically generate the hand in an online format like Pokerstars hand histories.

    ShareMyPair does something like this: http://www.sharemypair.com/
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!
  • starling81starling81 Red Chipper Posts: 88
    There is also something called "Share Poker Hands", it's an expensive app though, i never save money on any poker tools, so this $20 is acceptable investment for me. I don't use ShareMyPair, 'cause it's buggy without Facebook login. And since i closed my FB, that app is off limits for me :( The "Share Poker Hands" supposedly is MEANT for recording/recreating live hands, there is just one shortcoming - it forces you to create a player profile for each seat at the table. Would be easier to just use general placeholders - TAG, LAG, NIT, FISH, MANIAC, and so on. Of course i can create a non-specific players exactly with those names to be used all over... But i found that live hands are easier written right on the spot using text on the phone or in my case a Stylus (Galaxy Note 3), and then LATER construct them properly in whatever format.

    What i have been doing sometimes for re-creation of a live hand, i just open my Borgata(PartyPoker) hand (text file itself), and i re-write the hand as it happened in live game using same format. Then i use one of the sites, like the one Split shared, to convert into HTML format to post somewhere or paste into email.
  • Sev3nCardKillRSev3nCardKillR Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    can I copy a hand using the app on PT4?
  • Sev3nCardKillRSev3nCardKillR Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    yeppers thanks
  • starling81starling81 Red Chipper Posts: 88
    Ok, now RedChip supports PT4 "Copy to forum". When you view hand details there are 3 buttons for copy, middle one (blue-ish) copies to standard forum format. Same one as 2+2 uses it seems.

    Here is an example of hand copied directly by using that button:

    BTN: $5.45 (VPIP: 46.30, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 54)
    SB: $25.10 (VPIP: 55.71, PFR: 25.71, 3Bet Preflop: 6.90, Hands: 71)
    Hero (BB): $25.89
    UTG: $39.81 (VPIP: 89.75, PFR: 17.70, 3Bet Preflop: 6.92, Hands: 336)
    MP: $54.14 (VPIP: 21.72, PFR: 11.14, 3Bet Preflop: 4.61, Hands: 1,131)
    CO: $44.90 (VPIP: 27.39, PFR: 14.02, 3Bet Preflop: 3.90, Hands: 790)

    SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

    Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 9:diamond: T:diamond:

    UTG raises to $0.50, MP calls $0.50, fold, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.25

    Flop: ($2.50, 5 players) 4:club: T:heart: 2:spade:
    SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, BTN bets $2.37, fold, Hero calls $2.37, fold, fold

    Turn: ($7.24, 2 players) Q:club:
    Hero checks, BTN bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

    River: ($12.24, 2 players) 6:spade:
    Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.08

    [spoil]Hero shows 9:diamond: T:diamond: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 45%, Flop 86%, Turn 86%)
    BTN mucks 8:diamond: J:club: (High Card, Queen) (Pre 55%, Flop 14%, Turn 14%)
    Hero wins $11.72[/spoil]

    Can somebody who is using Hold'em Manager 2 check to see if their Copy To Forum button uses same 2+2 format? Just posting a reply and clicking a preview instead of submit will show if hand is parsed correctly. (Asking 'cause i don't want to install HM2 specifically to check this small little thing)
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭
    starling81 wrote:
    There is also something called "Share Poker Hands", it's an expensive app though, i never save money on any poker tools, so this $20 is acceptable investment for me. I don't use ShareMyPair, 'cause it's buggy without Facebook login. And since i closed my FB, that app is off limits for me :( The "Share Poker Hands" supposedly is MEANT for recording/recreating live hands, there is just one shortcoming - it forces you to create a player profile for each seat at the table. Would be easier to just use general placeholders - TAG, LAG, NIT, FISH, MANIAC, and so on. Of course i can create a non-specific players exactly with those names to be used all over... But i found that live hands are easier written right on the spot using text on the phone or in my case a Stylus (Galaxy Note 3), and then LATER construct them properly in whatever format.

    What i have been doing sometimes for re-creation of a live hand, i just open my Borgata(PartyPoker) hand (text file itself), and i re-write the hand as it happened in live game using same format. Then i use one of the sites, like the one Split shared, to convert into HTML format to post somewhere or paste into email.

    **De-rail**

    I am going to have to look into that Galaxy Note 3. Any additional thoughts on the phone?
    Twitter = @ChipXtractor
  • SuNNuVaSuNNuVa Red Chipper Posts: 5
    hi
    i cant converte my hand historie, i copy the raw handhistorie in the hand historie box, but it wont let me converte it, it says no valid hand data could be detected
  • SuNNuVa wrote: »
    hi
    i cant converte my hand historie, i copy the raw handhistorie in the hand historie box, but it wont let me converte it, it says no valid hand data could be detected

    it's very possible the site you are getting the HH from doesn't convert with that HH converter. Can you try another HH converter? There are plenty around if you do a quick google search for "Hand history converter for XYZ site"
    The official forum account for Red Chip Poker.
  • philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭
    starling81 wrote: »
    Ok, now RedChip supports PT4 "Copy to forum". When you view hand details there are 3 buttons for copy, middle one (blue-ish) copies to standard forum format. Same one as 2+2 uses it seems.

    Here is an example of hand copied directly by using that button:

    BTN: $5.45 (VPIP: 46.30, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 54)
    SB: $25.10 (VPIP: 55.71, PFR: 25.71, 3Bet Preflop: 6.90, Hands: 71)
    Hero (BB): $25.89
    UTG: $39.81 (VPIP: 89.75, PFR: 17.70, 3Bet Preflop: 6.92, Hands: 336)
    MP: $54.14 (VPIP: 21.72, PFR: 11.14, 3Bet Preflop: 4.61, Hands: 1,131)
    CO: $44.90 (VPIP: 27.39, PFR: 14.02, 3Bet Preflop: 3.90, Hands: 790)

    SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

    Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 9:diamond: T:diamond:

    UTG raises to $0.50, MP calls $0.50, fold, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.25

    Flop: ($2.50, 5 players) 4:club: T:heart: 2:spade:
    SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, BTN bets $2.37, fold, Hero calls $2.37, fold, fold

    Turn: ($7.24, 2 players) Q:club:
    Hero checks, BTN bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

    River: ($12.24, 2 players) 6:spade:
    Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.08

    [spoil]Hero shows 9:diamond: T:diamond: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 45%, Flop 86%, Turn 86%)
    BTN mucks 8:diamond: J:club: (High Card, Queen) (Pre 55%, Flop 14%, Turn 14%)
    Hero wins $11.72[/spoil]

    Can somebody who is using Hold'em Manager 2 check to see if their Copy To Forum button uses same 2+2 format? Just posting a reply and clicking a preview instead of submit will show if hand is parsed correctly. (Asking 'cause i don't want to install HM2 specifically to check this small little thing)

    can i use this raw hand history and play it in video replayer in my pt4 is there a quick and easy way to do so without having to save the raw text to my computer
  • Red Chip PokerRed Chip Poker Posts: 98 -
    [quote="philby20;24791"can i use this raw hand history and play it in video replayer in my pt4 is there a quick and easy way to do so without having to save the raw text to my computer[/quote]

    Unfortunately not. PT4 would need the actual raw HH file - not the forum output =(
    The official forum account for Red Chip Poker.
  • TaarynTaaryn Red Chipper Posts: 8
    edited June 2016
    Hello guys, I usually use http://www.handconverter.com/
    It works quite good also for this forum - maybe you will only need to delete some characters (like ":", titles), but it takes less than 1 minute.
    I hope this will help you.
  • DjayDjay Red Chipper Posts: 21
    SuNNuVa wrote: »
    hi
    i cant converte my hand historie, i copy the raw handhistorie in the hand historie box, but it wont let me converte it, it says no valid hand data could be detected

    it's very possible the site you are getting the HH from doesn't convert with that HH converter. Can you try another HH converter? There are plenty around if you do a quick google search for "Hand history converter for XYZ site"

    I ran into the same problem, and this is what i found:

    If you are using FTP and PT4 the hand is recognized as a PS hand, but it says "Full tilt poker hand" in the HH text. This confuses the converter. You can fix this two ways:

    1) Replace "Full tilt poker" with Pokerstars at the beginning of the HH.
    2) Play on PS, not on the FTP skin to begin with.
  • BoilerAceBoilerAce Red Chipper Posts: 388 ✭✭
    What are my options to easily paste hands into the forum if I play at Ignition and have Bovada Hand Catcher? I'm too cheap at this point to buy PT4 or HM2 to play at NL10 / NL25. Are there any other options without having to hand type everything?
  • AcesaladAcesalad Red Chipper Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Can someone paste a Pokerstars hand history here? I am hoping to modify it for live hands to paste into a replayer.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Acesalad wrote: »
    Can someone paste a Pokerstars hand history here? I am hoping to modify it for live hands to paste into a replayer.

    This works too: http://www.handconverter.com/tools/generator
    The official forum account for Red Chip Poker.
  • Vincent RVincent R Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    How/where do I post live hands? When I go to the live hands thread I don't see a button to post a new hand history. Please help.
  • Vincent RVincent R Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    The post a new topic button at the top of this page doesn't work.
  • NazgulNazgul Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I can't post a hand and am confused :(
  • Nazgul wrote: »
    I can't post a hand and am confused :(

    After you post 1-2 times in the forum (like you just did here), you will unlock the ability to start threads and post hands. It's just a security precaution to reduce forum spam.

    Can't wait to see your hands!
    The official forum account for Red Chip Poker.
  • Vincent R wrote: »
    The post a new topic button at the top of this page doesn't work.

    Fixed. Thanks for the heads up @Vincent R !
    The official forum account for Red Chip Poker.
  • Justin CJustin C Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Posting this so I will be able to create a new thread... :)
  • CoilerinoCoilerino Red Chipper Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I've made a few posts already and I don't see a new thread option. Help?

    Edit: I logged out and in and I'm alright now. Sorry for the impatience.
  • Shaun AShaun A Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Does anyone have any experience converting a hand history from PartyPoker? I can view the hand history through there website but it will not allow me to copy any of the text.
  • Daniel HorsleyDaniel Horsley Red Chipper Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Just wanted to write a quick comment to enable me to create a post :D
  • Mateusz MatysMateusz Matys Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I cant convert hand from partypoker as well. I used another converter:
    pokerhand.org
    There u can choose phpbb option as well ;)
  • Muel294Muel294 Liverpool, EnglandRed Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    This forum doesn't appear to automatically recognize PT4 forum output for HH's for the cards, everything else is fine. Is that something that Poker tracker need to be made aware of or is it something RCP's end.

    For now I am just using the card emoji buttons to replace the cards from the PT4 HH.
  • sb08icsb08ic GermanyRed Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    On handconverter.com my handhistory doesn't get converted no matter what I'm trying.
    So at the moment I use the upswing poker converter, but there's no possibility to show betting amounts in BB.

    Does anyone know a converter that converts the betting amounts in bb?
    The hand2note converter is also quite good with a lot of options but there I get no forum text but only a picture or a link.

    I'm glad about any suggestions :-)
  • SamBurnettN17SamBurnettN17 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hello, I have posted a few times now and the forum still won't let me post a hand. I just wanted to post it to see what a few of you guys thought to see if I was unlucky and what I could of done to improve my hand
«1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file