Hand 21: 8h7h on the BTN

JoskroketJoskroket Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
edited January 2017 in 6max Workbook (Vol 1)
Not big enough samplesize to use the stats. SB ranges are usually broadway heavy, small pocket pairs and some SC. The top of the range should resteal against a wide BTN opening range.
AT,K9s,55: call.
SB defending range: 99-22,ATo,KJo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,ATs-A2s,KJs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s

Flop: :6d:Tc:Js
If villains wants to be balanced and aims for a 70% check/call frequency then this is a good flop to do it. Don't like the cbet but that's beside the point.
QJ,KT,9s8s all call. No reason to bet. No protection needed, no value bet and no better hands are folding. Being OOP sucks.

Turn: :6d:Tc:Js:2s
Checks his entire range same reasons as before.

River: :6d:Tc:Js:2s:9d
SB will lead out only for value and strong range. 2p+ There is no need to bet a 1p hand because you will only be called when loosing and fold out everything that you are ahead. Betting also takes away the possibility for your opponent to bluff.
66,JTo,JTs,T9s,87s 16% of previous range, 17 combo's.

This ranges goes allin also. As p layed villain just got coolered and that's poker.

Comments

• Brendan RBrendan R Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
    I pretty much agree with everything you wrote. I had V quite a bit looser tho as it appears he's a loose-passive player. I'm not the biggest fan of the 3x open OTB unless Hero is doing it for value against potential fish in the blinds. Otherwise I think a smaller open OTB gives a much better price for a steal.

I also agree about the C-bet. I personally wouldn't have C-bet there given how good that flop is for V with just a gutshot.

He bets 75% pot OTR whichs gives us pot odds of 30%. I think we're definitely good at least that often so easy call.
  • obliviusoblivius San FranciscoRed Chipper Posts: 108 ✭✭
    easy call on riv bet but what about V's 3bet jam?? Still a call due to few combos that beat us. V coolers us if he calls SB PF with KQ and calls down but it's a stretch....
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    @Joskroket That's quite a wide range to defend from SB. In many games I think 99-22,ATo,KJo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,ATs-A2s,KJs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s
    become 3b hands often if we wish to play them for their resteal value against button opens as defending against button opens that wide means the BB must be a weak player as any reg will be squeezing often and correctly if SB defends vs button opens with that wide of range.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file