Call down w/ KK HU?

tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
We are heads up at the final table in a 131 entry play money tournament (I know, not realistic play but it's decent practice when I find an opponent or two who puts me in some tougher spots.)

Villain is a decent LAG who I've got a little over an hour of history against:
  • Moved to my right, proceeded to roll over him as I was the chip leader at the time
  • A couple orbits later, he doubled up and had a comparable stack size to me. He began putting a lot of pressure on the weaker opponents and fighting back at my aggression fairly well - not random no equity bluffs that you might expect from play money.
  • Knocked out almost every other opponent at the final table - always seemed to have it when showing lots of aggression and got looked up.

Hand:

Hero: 26 BBs
Villain: 110 BBs

Hero minraises in SB: :Kh:Kd
Villain calls (4 BBs) (24 effective)
Flop comes: :As:8d:3c

V checks, Hero c-bets 2 BBs, V calls (8 BBs) (22 effective)
Turn: :9h
V checks, Hero bets 4.5 BBs, V shoves.
Hero?

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Did you minR preflop to induce?

As played - what does your turn bet accomplish?
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    He should be calling >50% of hands pre so I raised for value, not assuming he would 3bet as he hadn't 3bet yet and we were maybe 10 hands into the HU match. I minraised to risk the minimum as this was my standard sizing with all my hands.

I believe the turn bet gets him to call with any 8 or 9 he may have floated with. Is this too thin? Should I assume the ace makes up a big enough part of his calling range since I can't assume he would 3bet ace rags?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file