using the rule of 12 to count combos revisited....

2»

Comments

• JPFJPF Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    bigburge10 wrote: »
    bigburge10 wrote: »
    Joseph F wrote: »
    Just as an aside: Why does everyone here seem to use Flopzilla? I have it, but I find Power Equilab to be far and away the better software. What am I missing?

You've peaked my interest. I'm going to check this out.

Certainly a ton of functionality within this tool. I haven't been able to explore everything, but my first glance is that this can do everything Flopzilla can do plus more.

I have a free two week trial, should be fun to play around with it.

How has it been going?

As for combo's: This is still something I'm wrapping my head around, as well. I can feel myself intuitively picking it up at the tables but it's definitely not clicking as fast as some other concepts have lately. The strange thing is that I naturally "go to" that place in my head when trying to envision range v range during pots so it leads me to believe that combos, and not just simple equity, is where the true keys to hand reading and making decisions lies.
    edited September 2017
    Alright, early (late..whatever) this morning I'm seeing what James prefers about Flopzilla. The way the filters, weighting, quickly getting stats on range/hand v boards, etc - is all done brilliantly. I think Scylla needs to get the bugginess out of HoldEQ implementation but there are things I will use Flopzilla for and things I will use Power Equilab for at this point.

I want to start doing some heavy work on the workbook material contained within the site here and I already know how to go down through each street using filtering just from watching videos here already. Of course, all of this is done using Flopzilla.

*I also just found a pretty horrid bug in PE when loading stored files/ranges that contain weighting. The program crashes. I notified the support team via the forums but yeah...I had to go over to Flopzilla to work on what I needed to.
    edited September 2017
    https://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=334621&page=12

There's the official thread for Power Equilab. They got right back to me about everything I had asked them and I'm sending them a weighted file so they can analyze and bug fix it. They also have new features in the works and overall, the product is really moving ahead full steam.
  • star681star681 Red Chipper Posts: 399 ✭✭
    @Eazzy
    fing genious! wow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file