6-Max Blind vs Blind Hero Call

TheZomBeeTheZomBee Red Chipper Posts: 8
Hey Red Chippers,

I had to stop playing and post this hand, cause I believe I made a bad play and need to confirm it. Please check it out:

https://boomplayer.com/22380815_9B8EDEA4BA

My opponent is a 23/15/47, with a 33 Steal and 65 Flop C-Bet in 465 hands. He's a solid tag, very aggressive post flop and capable of making some moves.

I think the hand starts to get interesting on the Turn, and I'm not sure how good or bad raising in that spot is. I expected him to call the raise with sets and two pairs, maybe a strong Jack, but a few draws as well.

River is where I think I messed up. Definitely think I should get value from the set and two pairs, thus the small bet size, but should I just fold after the check/raise? At that point he either has me or he's bluffing, and considering the fact that I block diamonds and I don't know if he has too many bluffs to justify a 40% call.

I appreciate all the feedback! ;)

Comments

• moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 721 ✭✭✭
    I think that the river call is fine; you have enough equity in the pot relative to your remaining stack size. As it were, I think that you got lucky that you doubled up. Why didn't you raise the flop?
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    What do you think he's betting with OTT? What does your raise OTT accomplish?

Not saying your play was right or wrong, but these are Q's that need answering.
  • TheZomBeeTheZomBee Red Chipper Posts: 8
    I think that the river call is fine; you have enough equity in the pot relative to your remaining stack size. As it were, I think that you got lucky that you doubled up. Why didn't you raise the flop?

Definitely think I got lucky. Personally I'd always call the flop in position with a hand that has that much SDV, I want to keep all his C-Bet bluffs in.
    Monad wrote: »
    What do you think he's betting with OTT? What does your raise OTT accomplish?

Not saying your play was right or wrong, but these are Q's that need answering.

At that point I thought he either had a big Jack that I could make him fold or he had a Set/ Two Pair and I could get paid if I hit the River. But it was a spot where I don't believe I was planning on what to do if a Heart came, and it got messy after that...
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 721 ✭✭✭
    TheZomBee wrote: »

Definitely think I got lucky. Personally I'd always call the flop in position with a hand that has that much SDV, I want to keep all his C-Bet bluffs in.

Okay... but... I don't think that you played the hand an SDV hand. You raised the turn. Then bet the river. You wouldn't do either with an SDV hand.

This hand, however, has BOTH SDV and massive draws. V could be calling with a hand worse than yours on the flop. And, if V's hand is better than yours, then you almost definitely have many, many outs. And you might even get V to fold some hands that are better than yours (which is a far superior outcome than playing to a showdown).

Again, if showdown is goal (which I don't think that it should be given the strength of your hand), then I wonder about the turn raise and river bet.
    TheZomBee wrote: »

Okay... but... I don't think that you played the hand an SDV hand. You raised the turn. Then bet the river. You wouldn't do either with an SDV hand.

This hand, however, has BOTH SDV and massive draws. V could be calling with a hand worse than yours on the flop. And, if V's hand is better than yours, then you almost definitely have many, many outs. And you might even get V to fold some hands that are better than yours (which is a far superior outcome than playing to a showdown).

Again, if showdown is goal (which I don't think that it should be given the strength of your hand), then I wonder about the turn raise and river bet.

I believe that was my thinking when I picked up the extra equity on the turn, definitely raising to make him fold a Jack and also having many outs, but I can see that I undervalued my hand on the flop by merely playing it as SDV.