AK hitting the A paired board deep

EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in Live Poker Hands
1-2 deep stacked game in AC (100 to 500 buy in)

Villain 1 Just came to the table this is his third hand...He bought in for 400, he is a young Asian guy.

Villain 2 Young kid, I have a bit of a History....He has called a couple of my 3 bets (know I will 3 bet more then AA and KK)....and has called my 3 bet with a pair and called my Cbet on a low board to win the hand....He has about 500

Hero....Tag, a bit active this game (though Villain 1 has no idea of this) I have them both covered with over $1000..

Villain1 Early position, opens for 10, Villain 2 on btn calls 10, Heroe in SB :Ad:Ks makes it 40....both Villains call....

Flop 3 way $136......

:Ah:8h:8d

Hero bets 75...Villain 1 calls Villain 2 folds....

Turn 2 way....286 stacks (285)

:4c

Hero shoves.....????

Its hard to see what I'm ahead that calls. I mean does AQ call here often.....do any draws call a shove.... Would a 1/2 pot bet be better, keeps the draws in....maybe keeps more Aces in...

Comments

• Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    Since villain just sat down and dont have info about you, he will fold all the worst. I would bet small, 1/3 to half pot then see what develop, even villain call turn bet, he is pretty much committed. Unless he has full already, he will push if he has 8x.
  • BustDaNutsBustDaNuts Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    When villain calls, on what kind of hands do you put him? Which kind of 8-x hands or possible flush draws could he have opened with from UTG and then call a raise from SB? I only see 88 for quads and very few combo's which now has a flush draw.

Assuming he knows a little, he should be knowing that your range is a bit stronger since you're re-raising OOP.

Based on villain's openings range and calling your 3bet I see this flop as way ahead / way behind. Sure, your C-bet is called, but I guess vilain also knows you would be C-betting a lot of flops here. Besides that villain has position on you.

When I try to estimate his range I see a lot of top pairs which hit the flop, but at the same time won't bet themselves because of your possible range.

Since in my opinion, based on the range I assign to villain, this is a way ahead / way behind situation. I rather check the turn, so he has to possibility to bluff as well. When he does check behind you can always shove river and he might call with hands that he would have folded against the shove on the turn.

If you lose against a better hand, so it be, you also did with the way you have played. However, when you check, you can also win money from his bluff-range or when he calls you down lighter when you shove the river.
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    I would bet small the turn, to get it in I the river. If checked the turn, shove river when checked, he will fold, because he will lead if he has 8x, other than that its pot sized bet on the river will villain fold.

• MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    Shove is a fine choice. Good % of AQ/AJ/AT + A9s-A2s will call. Very few FD and/or 8x in villains range. Most Villains at 1/2 call too much, so that's my default approach when readless. If we knew him to lay down a weaker A in this spot, I actually like a check (getting in if they bet obviously), followed by a shove on the river for value.

Nice hand. Maybe size 3bet to like 50 pre, but that's my only small critique.
  • YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    Looks good for the rip. Put villain to a decision with AJ. Last chance to credibly represent a bluff.
  • Jimmy3150Jimmy3150 Red Chipper Posts: 362 ✭✭
    I agree - I don't think many weaker aces continue, even AQ probably finds a tank fold - all underpairs fold, I think he plays perfectly vs turn shove. I don't think he has many flush draws in his range given Ah is out. Prefer check-call line plan to river to keep in bluff floats, underpairs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file