Honest review

JoskroketJoskroket Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
edited January 2017 in 6max Workbook (Vol 1)
Well, my first review ever. I am Belgian, and in Belgium, unlike in the commercials we see from the USA, we put 0% faith in those so called 'let's hear what our customers have to say' type of BS. So this one is for all you Europeans out there interesting in buying this book ;-).

I followed Splitsuit's instructions and did 1 exercise a day. The good thing about this book is that there is no good or wrong answer so you can make the exercise for any limit, or game, that you like to. Me, i'm a sit and go online grinder and i made every exercise as if it was a sit and go. Doesn't matter if you look at it with cash or STT glasses, it's all about the exercise and especially working with flopzilla which is a mandatory accessory.

The level of understanding of not only your opponents ranges but also your own is amazing after finishing the book. Especially if you look at frequencies and minimum defense ranges etc, these exercises really open your eyes.

If you think this book will teach you how to handread then you're wrong. It's all in the doing it your self. But if you do it like me, 1 exercise every single day and 2 on free days, it will make you a better poker player 100% sure.

If you know a bit about handreading, a lot of free material out there if you don't, if you are aware of your own and your populations ranges and you want to become a better player, then this is a perfect book to have in your daily study routine.

Just to be clear, I personally, would prefer nobody bought this tbh :-)
Tagged:

Comments

• bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    I've gone through the workbook twice. As I went through each hand, I made several notes about everything I was considering when building the ranges. It's pretty cool to refer back to those and compare the things I'm thinking about now. In a way, it helps to measure how my game is progressing.

I definitely recommend The Poker Workbook. If you put in the work, you'll see results.
  • BoilerAceBoilerAce Red Chipper Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    This positive feedback is great to hear. I'm slowly working through the book. This tells me I should speed it up a bit.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    Thank you guys so much for the awesome feedback! And great job warping the hands to meet your exact situation (SNGs) and not getting lost in the minutia.

High-fives!
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    BoilerAce wrote: »
    This positive feedback is great to hear. I'm slowly working through the book. This tells me I should speed it up a bit.

I think going through it slowly is just fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file