Could I have avoided this? (Flop something that beats me because I didn't respect a small reraise)

XkavanXkavan Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
I seem to not know how to respond well to these type of scenarios.

I was wary of the reraise but it was so small that I don't know if the guy had trips or flopped Aces.

https://www.boomplayer.com/22516197_F1F1EE3161

Comments

• moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer a check-raise on the flop. But, in this case, it doesn't really matter: odds are that you would have gotten everything in and lost anyway. Just a cooler.

Note that, while I also don't mind the pre-flop call given the action in front of you, this is the very scenario which makes the playing in the SB so dangerous. It has a higher variance rate for this reason.

Again, I don't mind getting it in here, especially since the turn card likely didn't help V's range much. Just a cooler, IMO.
  • MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I agree, once you decided to play this hand it would be next to impossible to get away from it how it played out. Your villain did not raise his medium pair which worked out well for him here but overall is an error and is way too passive
  • vandwellervandweller Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    After a bet and caller in between, a minraiser isn't expecting any folds. It's a pot-building raise, so you should feel very wary and not at all confident about your bottom two, both on this street and as the rest of board runs out. And lead-shoving the turn just ends up strengthening the range you're getting all-in against. I'd agree with moishe wrt check-raising the flop being the best. If those two start getting into it before it comes back around to you, you can find a fold. Because a raggy bottom two pair really sucks against heavy multi-way action.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file