FREE WEBINAR - Looking At The Flop In A New Way

Red Chip PokerRed Chip Poker Posts: 97 -
edited February 2017 in Coaching & Commercial
Hey Red Chippers,

Just wanted to let you know that we are running a free webinar on Wednesday Feb 15th. Doug Hull will be leading and not only showing you around the Flop Falcon software - but also dropping strategy gems and range advice along the way. It's slated to run for about an hour and there will be a Q&A.

If you don't have anything planned and you want to get a little nerdy on a Wednesday evening - register now and we'll see you then!

(if you cannot attend, register anyway and we'll send out the replay within 48 hours of completion)

REGISTER NOW
The official forum account for Red Chip Poker.

Comments

• tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
  • GoSub4GoSub4 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I'm so closes to purchasing Flop Falcon. So I'll be attending the Webinar to 'push me over the edge' on that commitment! Unless I just get the Falcon today so that I get more out of the event!
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    Pushing you over the edge is kind of the point. LOL
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • Joe WJoe W Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I'd buy flop falcon in a heartbeat if it was available natively on Mac. Is there any plan to port it? I'll still be there to see if PokerCruncher can get by for the time being!
    I am a mac user I love mac. But I also have a pc for things like Flopzilla and business software.
  • Joe WJoe W Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Things like Wine, Crossover, and Virtualization software solves most cross platform issues, but I'm stubborn as a mule and am stuck in my ways though and recognize this lol.
  • weee3eeeweee3eee Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    tfazio wrote: »
    I am a mac user I love mac. But I also have a pc for things like Flopzilla and business software.

I use a Mac for my everyday work. I moved my PC over to my via Parallels and I love love it. I can play my pokerz on the parallels window and slide over to my normal mac stuff. Through coherence, I can actually run both with ease. No issues at all. You may want to try that out.

Example, I can go to spotlight and pull up flopzilla and it just opens. If I want to open up Americas Cardroom to play boom, go to spotlight and Type in Americas Cardroom. It runs windows programs as a normal software as if it were on the mac. I have no issues with this. I can run my Poker Tracker 4, my ACR and my table tamer.
    Great Job Doug you nailed it. hope you recorded it and make it available.
  • derdonkerderdonker San Jose, CA USARed Chipper Posts: 125 ✭✭
    This is a great tool, and Doug is only asking $40 for it. This seems like a no-brainer purchase. Doug did an excellent job presenting the features in the Webinar, which you'll be able to download in a couple days.

I use a Mac, and I've installed VirtualBox (free) and Windows 7 running in that VM. There are a few hoops to jump through, but most poker analysis software [Flopzilla, Poker Snowie, Holdem Manager] runs on Windows exclusively, anyway. You might as well bite the bullet and get a virtualized Windows system.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    Did the recorded version is already sent ?
    Hey Doug, can you post the minimum system requirements (cpu, ram, os) for normal operation of FlopFalcon? I'm having issues getting it to work. I think I need more RAM.
    When you are running "virtual windows" on a mac be aware of memory requirements,
    Falcon is small but the matlab engine is quite large I think the directory said like 1.5GB.
    I see the Matlab directory is 2GB on disk, and the UI is in Java, so both the Java and Matlab runtimes are used by Flop Falcon. I have a Windows instance with 1.5GB of RAM [it happens to be virtualized], which should be a lot for one app and the OS. For me, and others like me, I'll need the app to get down to say a 500MB memory footprint, or it won't be runnable.

Hopefully, Doug can get back with the memory requirements, and post them on the purchase/download page [more than the fact that it's PC only]. Perhaps he can shave down DLLs are actually required to be loaded into memory by the app.

Doug?
    There is no "shaving down" I am using the development platform I know best, MATLAB. It is a serious engineering platform and huge overkill for this project, but that is the way it is.

As far as minimum requirements, buy it and install it. If it does not work, let me know, I will revoke license for a full refund. That is the best test.
    Hey Doug,

The Matlab link you provided above states 2GB RAM as a requirement for that piece. I'm not going to be able to run your cool app on the hardware I'd like to use for this. Go ahead and revoke and refund. :(

I think you rocked it with this piece of software, on the feature and UI design. Your Webinar was well done -- you showed the power of this app.

I think you should determine the minimum memory required for the app, and post it along with "Windows Only" on the download/purchase page.

Much Regards, man!
    For any of you mac users that want to run this software in a virtual windows partition. A far better idea is run it as I do on a PC and use a product like "log me in" to remote to that pc. I never liked the idea of partitioning a perfectly good mac drive.
    Virtualization is pretty cool, and a great use of hardware. Think about it -- all the instances at AWS (Windows, linux, etc.) are virtualized instances. The bare metal under the hood isn't really a factor. You would think an additional layer would make a virtualized instance sluggish, but those tricky engineers have done a really good job with this stuff, and have been improving the technology for years. BTW, you don't need a separate disk partition. Also, if you have Mac, you can keep that one hardware setup (monitor, keyboard, machine) and save desk space. For the app we're chatting about, the only issue is it requires a huge amount of RAM because of powerful software libraries it uses. It's not an issue of virtualization.

Much Regards,
    DerDonker
    @derDonker Refunded! Thanks for trying!
    @Doug Hull i suscribe for the webinar but for the recorded version. I didn't received anything yet so i was wondering if you shipped it already ?

Thanks.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    @Doug Hull i suscribe for the webinar but for the recorded version. I didn't received anything yet so i was wondering if you shipped it already ?

Thanks.

The replay was sent via the email you registered with about an hour ago.

The link is: https://redchippoker.com/download/flop-webinar if you need it real quick though =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file