1/2 Turn Decision

Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 639 ✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in Live Poker Hands
This is a small and but one I questioned.

UTG +3 $300 Limp/Calls
UTG +4 Hero $300 Raise to $12 :9? :9?
Hijack $80 Calls

FLOP :T? :6? :3? pot $39

UTG +3 Check/Calls
Hero $25
Hijack Calls

TURN/RIVER :T? :6? :3? :J? ?X? pot $114

Both Turn and River check through. I don't recall river card but I do know it was below a :T? .

Should I have bet the :J? on the turn? Or Should I have been happy to take my hand to show down. I was worried about having a short stack behind calling the $25.

Comments

• karbynkarbyn Red Chipper Posts: 108
    generally I feel if the last positions, short stack, had top pair on the turn, he's putting it in.

I'd prob stab at the pot on the turn as well. You might get a fold from the MP, and certainly the hijack

You may even have the best hand :)
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, you can continue on the turn, but if you feel like you missed a bet, I wouldn't bother, because the short stack shouldn't fold now, even though he might, and only you can know if he is the kind of player to put in the money light with nothing behind, make his hand, then give up, i.e. a terrible one. He shouldn't have 45 given stacks and you block the gutter. If the short stack does fold something incorrectly, it might encourage the EP player to call. The best thing that could happen is that if the short stack is a fish, he could fold 108 or something, and the EP player could continue with 45s... it's all pretty thin.