Post Flop Leak Busting - Luke Howard

Tim KTim K Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
I listened to this video but It seemed to me to be a introduction of a many part video which does not yet seem to exist. The entire time was sent list many interesting subjects with no depth into any of them. Each of the subjects would have value if they were examined in depth.

Comments

• kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Lucky Luke" has a series of videos which all have "MTT Overhaul" in the title... and feature list after list after list of preflop or post flop leaks... or whatever... with little to no coaching on how to spot it or fix it.

He's not listed as a RCP coach in the coaching section, but is expected to present another video... uh, I mean, boring list... on ICM later this month.

He has yet to post here or respond to subscribers about his videos.

I don't know what value @Christian Soto or @SplitSuit think he adds to this site.
    The only way I would watch another of his videos is if I'm given a subscription discount or credit for doing so.

For a guy who supposedly loves teaching and once made videos on BlueFire, I don't understand why he can't break down a simple topic and give us some of that "High Stakes Tournament" knowledge that he's supposed full of. Hopefully, he'll get picked up by Ivey League, leave us and go make videos over there...
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I have not yet seen the video but I know he recently did a free webinar on Jonathan Little's site.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Just sent an email to Luke letting him know about this thread =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • Luke HawardLuke Haward Red Chipper Posts: 4
    Hi guys, sorry not to come back to you sooner, I have had a very busy start to the year and am also still getting used to this forum system, and had not realized these posts were out there. I'll try to come back much faster in future to respond to comments.

I've produced a lot of videos for different training sites and have always aimed for a variety of video types, ranging from theory videos discussing matters in depth, introductory theory vids, and of course detailed HH review videos whether going over one specific full tournament, or a number of selected hands on a certain theme. My hope for this initial series MTT Overhaul (which is now complete by the way, it was four parts: Preflop, Postflop, ICM and mental game) was to open up a lot of ideas that viewers may or may not have thought about previously, and discuss why I think these are important areas to review in one's own game. I wanted to open up a lot of topics in a short space of time, and revisit some of these in later works going into analytic depth with hand examples. For this reason it was supposed to be a smorgasboard of many topics each dipped into enough to get the brain cells firing but not indepth. My plan was to follow up with some detailed analysis of some of these specific spots in later videos / separate series. From the sound of your comments @kagey and @timothyk this did not suit you so well, and I'm sorry to hear that. I take all feedback seriously and will make serious adjustments based on this. FYI, the latter two videos in this series, though they follow the same visual format, may be somewhat more intriguing to you. The ICM video details the most common misconceptions in ICM thinking, and demonstrates these errors using specific hand examples run in Holdem Resources Calculator, while the mental game video is pure theory but of course on a rather uncommon theme. If you're keen on more detailed hand by hand analysis and less general theoretical overview, I think at least the ICM video should appeal somewhat more to you.

I've had a bit of positive feedback on the preflop video, and even picked up some new students from that installment, so I know that some viewers have found it helpful. But I will of course make a concerted effort to listen to all feedback, and to build future series with your comments in mind. I'd also welcome any thoughts on specific topics raised in these introductory theory vids which you'd like to see unpacked in more analytic detail with hand examples, something I was planning to do in the future anyway.

I think in the meantime I'll try to steer my next offerings on RedChip in the direction of very direct hand analysis reviews, in order to make sure I compensate for these responses by getting down to the nitty gritty of specific hand analysis going forwards. I hope that will be of more interest to you. I think in future when I cover theory, I'll also try to make it less of a "guided tour of relevant topics / ideas" and more of a "here's a theoretical point, here is some hand analysis to bed it down" approach. I hope that sounds reasonable to you guys, and would welcome any other ideas of content / approaches which you would welcome.

Best,

Luke

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file