A long break after having a big downswing

Andrew MalewskiAndrew Malewski Red Chipper Posts: 70 ✭✭
Hello all.
Some time ago I've decided to quit poker for couple of weeks because I felt that my psychological state was really influencing my game in a bad way. Now I think I'm ready to continue grinding but not sure if my skill level has dropped or not. I'm kunda debating between taking some time to repeat the theory and then going for it or just to jump right to the tables and play like I had just a day off? Been playing nl10-30 and latest swing has took away almost half of my BR. Any suggestions on how to put myself back on the grinding pace?

Comments

• mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    Glad to know I am not the only one struggling. I am not sure as what to do either as most of mine has been live. You could drop down and play some there and try and focus on fundamentals and fine tuning your strat
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Play even smaller Andrew. Keep working on fundamentals & take your shots when you're feeling confident. Welcome back.
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I would recommend to work on your mental game and non-strategy areas. I dont think your skills are rusted or fotgotten, it will eventually came back. Be confident, relaxed...GL
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing a few months ago. I went back to the book (and the few specific chapters) that I had found the most helpful for me in shaping my game and read and re-read them a few times.

That did two things.

1) It helped me self-identify a few leaks -- places where I either misunderstood the intent OR places where I thought that I was good enough to stray but really shouldn't have been.

2) It gave me back my confidence that I had a plan and knew what I was doing. And this is no small thing in poker.

I hope that the return goes well!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file