Tough decision late in tourney....Any thoughts

humpsterhumpster Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
€11 tourney with 4000+ entrants. We're down to the last 70. I have around 20 bigs and have been card dead for a couple of rounds. I decide to make a move with kd5d. Utg1 limps. I'm utg3 and raise to 3.5 bb. Everybody folds and limper calls. Flop comes 678 with 2 diamonds. Utg1 who has 40 bb decides to push all in. I call . He has 85 clubs and wins. Any thoughts on my decision.Could I have folded this. Was I correct to call. I really feel that even though I'm fav to win this, that I should have folded and found a better spot.

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
    With 20bb you can continue to wait it out for a better spot preflop. Not a fan of raising this from MP. As played though I'm not folding the flop. If you're raising this hand from MP and you fold this flop, what flop were you hoping for exactly?
  • JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    I think that your position + your stack size + your hand= Not a good idea to make such a move pre.

I get it. You start to get a little antsy when you are getting short and card dead. If you were the opener and in a later position I don't see a problem with giving this hand a go.

I don't know how UTG1 plays, but I know players that limp from that spot with monsters hoping to entice a shorter stack to shove. What would you have done if he limped shoved your raise?

When I'm that short I don't like letting other people dictate when I'm going to put my chips in. As played you can't fold on that flop.
  • JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    @Lauren You always seem to say things so eloquently! :)
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    What was the average BB per stack at this time? What were the stack sizes of the players still to act in this hand? I could be ok with this raise or it could be awful. And as a kid played I'd be pretty happy getting it in post flop. Nice run!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file