LATB

YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 579 ✭✭✭
Just spied your man @Christian Soto on LATB playing 5/10/20!

Comments

• Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. We played a 20K pot with one pair. ;-)
  • ClayClay Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Just watched that pot again. So great. Well done @Christian Soto
  • YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 579 ✭✭✭
    Clay wrote: »
    Just watched that pot again. So great. Well done @Christian Soto

Thanks! <3
  • YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 579 ✭✭✭
    @clay I tuned in late. What were the details of the hand? Seems discussion worthy!
    Soto raises UTG+1 to 100 with :Ad :Qh

Hashtag 3-bets to 225 with :5d :6d and Soto calls.

Both have 10k stack.

Flop: :2s :Qc :Td

Soto checks and Hashtag overbets $915. Soto calls

Turn: :3d

Soto checks and Hashtag pot sized bet of $2300.

Soto rips all-in for another $6500 and gets the call.

Run it twice and Soto scoops 20k pot.

Value of felting a world class D-bag.... Priceless. :)
    Seems about right lol
    @Christian Soto would like you thoughts on that hand. Specifically, was it the overbet on flop that had you thinking he was draw heavy? Or something else?
    edited March 2017
    I didn't put too much weight into his sizing because this opponent could fairly easily switch sizings a lot.

Overall, I beat a lot of his hands; both his value and his bluffs.
    I also don't think he is betting River once I call these two exceptionally large bets. So we freerolling him if we just call Turn and that's important to note.

Also, a lot of his edge comes from just raw aggression because his opponents are afraid to play massive pots with one pair. I'm not afraid to do that so that quickly takes away the edge he banks on.
    Maybe there is a more... but I'm really sleepy right now.. ill check in later...
    So, stated differently...
    WrsdEL.gif
    You're the man!
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    What is the date of this show or the name on LATB
  • porterporter Red Chipper Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    tfazio wrote: »
    What is the date of this show or the name on LATB

It's from yesterday, March 2nd, "Hashtag King Brings the Action".
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Also seemed to have commentated March 1st.
    There was another interesting hand that @Christian Soto played with AQ:

UTG+2: Soto opens :Ah :Qh to $100 ($16,785);
    MP: Jerry flats :8c :8h next to act ($10,175);
    HJ: Hashtag 3-bets :Ac :Jh to $420 ($10,360); and
    Soto calls, and Jerry calls.

($1,295) Flop :Qs :5s :4h

Soto checks, Jerry checks, and Hashtag bets $920 (with $9,440 more behind). Soto thinks for about 30 seconds, asks for a count on Hashtag's stack, and raises to $3,000.

Jerry folds, Hashtag hems and haws (supposedly made some comment about Soto's pulse) and folds.

I thought the decision not to 4-bet pre and to check-raise flop were both interesting.
  • DeezNutsDeezNuts Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭

Both have 10k stack.

What did hashtag have?
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭✭
    Justin wrote: »

Both have 10k stack.

What did hashtag have?

:5d :6d

It's explicitly in the hand history ;)
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

porter wrote: »

Soto checks, Jerry checks, and Hashtag bets $920 (with $9,440 more behind). Soto thinks for about 30 seconds, asks for a count on Hashtag's stack, and raises to $3,000.

Jerry folds, Hashtag hems and haws (supposedly made some comment about Soto's pulse) and folds.

I thought the decision not to 4-bet pre and to check-raise flop were both interesting.

which hand happened first, the offsuit AQ hand where he stacks hashtag or the AQhh hand? I feel like that is pretty important.

Also, what kind of player is jerry (fish, pro, lag, etc)?
    Wiki_Leaks wrote: »

which hand happened first, the offsuit AQ hand where he stacks hashtag or the AQhh hand? I feel like that is pretty important.

Yeah, that's a good point. The AQhh hand happened after the big pot. Not sure how long, maybe an hour.

Jerry is a pro, definitely on the tight side. But I think he is savvy enough to possibly flat an uncapped range here to keep Hashtag in.
    Wiki_Leaks wrote: »

Yeah, that's a good point. The AQhh hand happened after the big pot. Not sure how long, maybe an hour.

Jerry is a pro, definitely on the tight side. But I think he is savvy enough to possibly flat an uncapped range here to keep Hashtag in.

He could flat heavy but idc...
    (maybe he does it sometimes and who knows how often) but more importantly, if he puts a dollar in after I CR, we likely shut it down.

The AQhh coming after the 20K pot is important for sure!
    edited March 2017
    So weird... my comments need to be approved.. wth lol
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So weird... my comments need to be approved.. wth lol

Volcano for mod.
    Haha anyway point is, idc if Jerry flats heavy sometimes... it'll be rare and once I CR, if he puts a dollar in we shut it down..

But yeah the AQhh coming second to the 20K pot is highly significant...
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
    Ill give my thougts as long as chin approves, lol.

Yeah given the formation its tough for jerry to have a big hand unless he has a read on hashtag and knows hes going to 3bet here. Hashtag is seeing red and will be squeezing pretty light, i.e. Dominated Ax, relative to sotos utg+2 range. We know hashtag makes calling mistakes postflop but might fold his weaker Ax to a 4, so allow him to flop an A. Yeah soto brings along jerry, but soto has a great hand. flop texture will make it pretty easy to define whether jerry has range advantage, not to mention Jerry is in a pretty dicey spot playing "monkey in the middle"

The cr is good because we know hashtag calls with flush draws which we unblock. We also block top set and AA, and have the nut backdoor flush draw to bolster equity. It also defines jerrys range really well and shuts out his equity share rather as opposed to a check call or lead.
  • ImperatorImperator Red Chipper Posts: 895 ✭✭✭
    Just watched the videos. Came here to post the link. Happy to see you guys beat me to it.

@Christian Soto perhaps you can give some analysis of your LATB hands in the pro-video series. Or at the S4Y forum?

• Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    The hand just popped up on my Facebook.
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    Needless to say, greatly played. Id like add some of my thoughts on this, because his analysis kinda gave me A Ha moment of what I would think and should think (or he thinks)
    I didn't put too much weight into his sizing because this opponent could fairly easily switch sizings a lot. I would...why he bet so much, over pair, set, am I getting stacked here?? I remember he mentioned that he less worrying about call and getting wrong (I believe it was post about AK TPTK vs villains possible set)

Overall, I beat a lot of his hands; both his value and his bluffs.
    I also don't think he is betting River once I call these two exceptionally large bets. So we freerolling him if we just call Turn and that's important to note. this is something I dont normally concern if not never. I feel like hes not betting but more likely trying to get a call from majority of villains range whether he got us beat or not. Most of the time TPTK is good against that type.of villain.

Also, I found out that Im stuck in an idea

Bet in order to get it in by the river with monster

TPTK is a monster here against villain, but I would never think one pair a monster. Also, in no limit, I dont have to get it in by the river, I could do it on the turn against the villain who would call with majority of his range, monster, marginal, draw... Also, if one of draw card came on the river, I dont know where Im at.

Also, a lot of his edge comes from just raw aggression because his opponents are afraid to play massive pots with one pair. I'm not afraid to do that so that quickly takes away the edge he banks on. this is exactly me, let fear hold me from making better decisions...

Thanks @Christian Soto
  • SliverOverlordSliverOverlord Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    Yep. We played a 20K pot with one pair. ;-)

I just saw this hand on the LATB youtube channel.
    @Christian Soto Great job stacking that douchebag (he seemed like a real jerk in the video)
    Thanks for explaining your thought process as well, shoving TPTK in this spot seemed kind of confusing, although given the exact situation, it makes you look like an absolute genius.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file