(Micros) NLH OOP River decision on sizing bet

Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Online Poker Hands
No history with V. I only played 85 hands so far but i'm running 28/25/11. I'm stuck 1 1/2 Buy-in. My image is probably not a solid one.

What is our sizing ®iver ? We got enough hands to x/c there and i don't think this one is, i'm maybe wrong.

UTG: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 18.22, PFR: 13.76, 3Bet Preflop: 5.39, Hands: 464)
MP: 374 BB (VPIP: 30.12, PFR: 22.89, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 84)
CO: 100 BB
BTN: 49.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
SB: 100.5 BB (VPIP: 26.99, PFR: 18.36, 3Bet Preflop: 2.51, Hands: 985)
Hero (BB): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB, CO posts penalty blind 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.5 BB) Hero has Q :club K :club

fold, fold, CO checks, BTN calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 6 BB, CO calls 5 BB, fold

Flop: (13.5 BB, 2 players) 6 :spade T :diamond 8 :club
Hero bets 9.5 BB, CO calls 9.5 BB

Turn: (32.5 BB, 2 players) 3 :diamond
Hero bets 23.5 BB, CO calls 23.5 BB

River: (79.5 BB, 2 players) K :diamond
Hero think about sizing

This is my range River
3b1x3hsraw7v.png

This is V range River
rfexgrfmt1ah.png

Comments

• MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The CB & TB are both questionable. Were readless, and OOP on a limp/caller's board, which sucks. As played either small bet/fold 25-35% of pot for value, but I prefer check/fold tbh, or x/c anything under half pot. They should have a bunch of pair+draw hands that they'll want to see showdown with & not bluff with otr, but won't likely call another bet either. Not many draws missed beside QJ making x/f pretty safe play.
  • SliverOverlordSliverOverlord Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Why are you betting here on the river? What worse hands can call you? Once the 3 flush completes, I think that a majority of villains 10x bluffcatchers will be folding. The hands I would expect to call here (slowplayed sets and straights and the pair plus flush) all have you beat. If you bet here, I feel like its a bluff, while I think your hand deff has some SD value given the range you assigned villain. You have much much better hands here to be firing the third barrel. Better IMO to Xcall or Xfold.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭
    It's micros, V didn't limp he posted blinds before it's turn and check, don't forget that.
    edited March 2017
    Monad wrote: »
    The CB & TB are both questionable.

My betting range is composed of 32.88% of TP+OverP and i got 10% GS, 18% 2-Card back door Nut FD. Overall it'S 60% bet.

I think that when i bet here i'm really not too overbluffy and i got Turn cards that will help second barrelling my semi-bluffs from flop.

What do you think.

What do you do with AK/AQ/AJ on flop, i'm curious.
    It's micros, V didn't limp he posted blinds before it's turn and check, don't forget that.

They posted, checked, and called a raise -- not much different than a limp/call scenario. Even if they're passive pre, there are plenty of players at micros who aren't call down monkeys post, and despite being readless we have to assume an unknowns range is still connecting with this board rather strongly. Your 2 barrel will move villain off very few combo draws & tp they flatted your CB with. And assuming you didn't spike your K/Q, going for 3-barrels readless seems silly.
    edited March 2017
    The point Monad is at Micros, players that don't wait to post blinds are generally huge whale that want to play now ! They will call very lightly so i widened my iso Range for value there. But i'm not equity dead when i bet this flop.

Still what do you do with AK/AQ/AJ on this flop ?
    The point Monad is at Micros, players that don't wait to post blinds are generally huge whale that want to play now ! They will call very lightly so i widened my iso Range for value there. But i'm not equity dead when i bet this flop.

Still what do you do with AK/AQ/AJ on this flop ?

I know that's a very common argument, but I'd argue it is an overly narrow interpretation, and doesn't change much here anyway. And even if that's the case, why are you two-barreling OOP w/ trash equity against a "whale", which implies a calling station? Your logic works preflop (aka you raise for value), but is way off flop/turn.

Even if it is a useful generic rule we can go by readless, the assertion totally lacks nuance & enough data points to indicate anything too strongly beside indicating some passivity or laziness pre. I'm not a whale, yet occasionally I'll post because IDGAF.
    edited March 2017
    I check/fold those hands too because a C-Bet here is a spew, and I'm not worried about being "exploited" or "imbalanced" readless.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file