Booking Wins At MGM - New Poker Monk Vlog

thepokermonkthepokermonk Red Chipper Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
Hey Friends! Here's the newest episode of the vlog. Can't wait to hear what you think!

Comments

  • YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    I've seen more 4th street turds than I'd like.

    Be careful assuming ace rag would check back in position on Ax55K!
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the vlog...did not know you could rap...LOL.

    I went to smaller bets a few years ago and have not looked back. I started at 10 +2 per limper (1-2)....after watching a coach at card runners use $8 switched to that....(he later went to $10, but I was hooked on $8). Johnathan Little in one of his webinar, suggested $6 was fine, I tried that but like $8 better. Pretty much stuck with that If I'm not playing effective deep....and have liked it much more.

    When I started players were mostly doing $12 to $15....Don't know if I'm the cause but a lot of players where I play now..have switched to my $8..... One guy raises his AQ sometimes to $8 and tells me he's making an Adam move (my name) LOL.
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    I would also call w/ AJ for those odds OTR.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭
    got raise that AJ pre-flop!

    smaller bet sizes don't necessarily low variance, and most times I hear people talk about lowering variance it is an excuse they tell themselves for a loos passive play

    GL on the felt
  • DanDan Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Great episode all-around, and I loved the intro! Nicely done!

  • Dean MDean M Red Chipper Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    @thepokermonk - Saw you at C-Town friday evening... Unfortunately, every time I stopped to say hi you were in a hand.

    Care to share any tech details?
    What dash mount are you using to shoot the driving footage?
    What editing software are you using?

    tx,
    Dean
  • thepokermonkthepokermonk Red Chipper Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    Dean M wrote: »
    @thepokermonk - Saw you at C-Town friday evening... Unfortunately, every time I stopped to say hi you were in a hand.

    Care to share any tech details?
    What dash mount are you using to shoot the driving footage?
    What editing software are you using?

    tx,
    Dean

    That's too bad. Would have loved to have talked to you. Maybe next time.

    So here's the technical stuff:

    I'm using a Sony Alpha a5000 for the bulk of the footage with a Joby Gorilla tripod.
    At the table I'm using my iPhone 7.
    I also use the iPhone for time lapse and driving footage. Though for the driving footage I will soon be changing to a GoPro and mount. Right now I'm just mounting my iPhone to the dash with a cheap mount I got on Amazon.
    I edit on iMovie. But I'll be switching to Final Cut in the next few weeks (I'm very excited about that!)
    I may also be switching to an external audio source soon, some kind of lapel mic, because I'm sick of dealing with the wind ruining my shots outside.

    Thanks so much for watching the videos, Dean!
  • thepokermonkthepokermonk Red Chipper Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    Dan wrote: »
    Great episode all-around, and I loved the intro! Nicely done!

    Thank you so much, Dan!
    kenaces wrote: »
    got raise that AJ pre-flop!

    smaller bet sizes don't necessarily low variance, and most times I hear people talk about lowering variance it is an excuse they tell themselves for a loos passive play

    GL on the felt

    Agreed. I will most likely go back to raising larger than I am now. Thanks, Kenaces!
    Monad wrote: »
    I would also call w/ AJ for those odds OTR.

    Sweet.
    Eazzy wrote: »
    Enjoyed the vlog...did not know you could rap...LOL.

    I went to smaller bets a few years ago and have not looked back. I started at 10 +2 per limper (1-2)....after watching a coach at card runners use $8 switched to that....(he later went to $10, but I was hooked on $8). Johnathan Little in one of his webinar, suggested $6 was fine, I tried that but like $8 better. Pretty much stuck with that If I'm not playing effective deep....and have liked it much more.

    When I started players were mostly doing $12 to $15....Don't know if I'm the cause but a lot of players where I play now..have switched to my $8..... One guy raises his AQ sometimes to $8 and tells me he's making an Adam move (my name) LOL.

    I'm starting to think I need to get away from any kind of standard raise size and just do what feels right at that particular table. Just use my first couple of bets to see what accomplishes things like isolating, etc.

    I was worried that rapping was going to be distracting because I'd never had any kind of lyrics in the videos, just instrumentals. But I kind of like it.
    Yosh wrote: »
    I've seen more 4th street turds than I'd like.

    Be careful assuming ace rag would check back in position on Ax55K!

    Thanks, Yosh!
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Whatever the amount, if you have a reason for that specific amount, thats good for the start. Whether it should be bigger or smaller is second, depends on number of players, and types...

    For example, after multiple callers, you found AA pre flop, so you will raise. However, do you actually ask yourself why rather than "I got AA, I have to raise here..."

    Thats what Im trying to do recently, take a nano second and ask myself why before my action.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file