Advanced Poker Training

tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
I Recently subscribed to APT at the request of my coach to experiment with various aspects of my game. I initially tried out a new pre flop opening plan to get the feel for the new ranges.
Most recently, also at my coach's request, I have been playing in multiway pots. I created multiway pots by using the "easy" table mode and selecting "playable hands" and 100% limping into pots. The end result is going multiway almost all the time vs tight or loose passive players. The results were very eye opening. A great use IMO of APT software.
Btw ED and Doug are 'bot" coaches on the site and they will pop up and advise you to make a different action which I thought was neat.
Tagged:

Comments

• bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I really like using the site to practice different scenarios. I also use Flopzilla and Hold'em EQ while playing on the site to practice reading hands as well.

I use the "Playable Hands" option as well. It saves me a little bit of time since I don't have to fold a bunch of hands to be put into a meaningful spot.

What are your thoughts on the IQ score they provide at the end of the sessions?
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Not looked into that yet. I am playing lots of hands suboptimal to put myself into different tough spots so limping 100% for example would be bad.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tfazio - are you even playing live?
    if so - you should "practice" on the felt and not with bots

APT is great for true beginners, but based on the studying I think you've done, I think it's time you put more hours on the felt and apply your learnings in an environment that will adapt to your strategy. APT does not adapt. And the pots labeled "Ed" etc aren't a true representation of the live players.

Playing on APT is the equivalent of going to Disney World or Vegas to experience the Eiffle Tower, Venice, the Leaning Tower or London Tower... it's a cheap substitute that can never compare to the original.
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    lol I play a lot live 3 days a week. This was a coaching project to generate HH. Specifically in multi way pots. A great training tool. I don't remember them having poker at Disney? ;) APT seems a great tool for coaches and students to examine aspects of the game in order to identify leaks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file