QQ vs a villain who never 3 bets

radical_dgradical_dg Red Chipper Posts: 29 ✭✭
Need a little help on this hand:

I'm UTG with QQcs with a very loose aggressive image at this 1/3 live game.

Villain is UTG+1 and has not 3 bet preflop in 4-5 hours

Button straddles
SB calls straddle
BB calls straddle
Hero raises to $30
UTG+1 reraises to $65
Folds around
I tank call

Flop: 9d5d2c

Hero checks
UTG+1 bets $100 with $104 behind

What do you do given the information?

Spoiler:

Hero folds and villain shows TT as if hero made a good fold.

Comments

• kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    use the spoiler function to add spoiler
    you're at the top of your range. you can't fold. if he's got AA or KK, so be it. You can't range players on hands that beat you but not those that don't like JJ, AK & AQ. Next time - 4 bet and get it all in.
  • YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    Leave out the results!! What was your thought process for making the preflop call?
  • PokernoobPokernoob Red Chipper Posts: 87
    edited March 2017
    Call pre, check-fold post. Sue me.

Edit :

Well, just read the effective stacks.

Get it in pre.

Edit

Really confusing hh

Effective $65 + $100 + $104

Almost 100bb

Call pre, check fold flop, sue me again.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a difference between "never 3 bets" and "hasn't 3 bet in 3 hours". The reason I mention it is that 3 hours isn't really that long.

Also I'm going to assume you have villain covered.

There's about $150 in the pot with about $200 behind. With an SPR of less than 2, and especially with you having underrepped your hand a little, there's no way I'm folding. If his range is 99+ and :AD: :KD: you have 44% equity and getting 1.75:1 you only need 36%. If you take out 99 from his preflop range then you're at 48.5% equity, and if you take out TT and :AD: :KD: you're still at 36%, and I think that's an overly tight range.
  • zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Yeah all that beats you are AA/KK that likely are here (would he 3bet any PP?). I can't see folding this. I'm calling and then probably folding an A or K on the turn.
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm never folding. Jam or call and fold to a diamond MAYBE but I'd rather jam. Let the chips fall where they may.
  • nevergradnevergrad Red Chipper Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    There are definitely low stakes players in my home cardroom that only 3 bet AA, KK, so if that's your read, it might seem super nitty, but you should just fold to the three bet pre. I don't know if you can know this about someone after only 5 hours though.
    Yeah nevergrad, you really can't, but it's interesting that when stuff like this happens, you hear people at the table grumbling "it's so obvious this is AA vs. KK" when there's a 4-bet. I mean, it shouldn't be obvious, but I'm just saying what the herd mentality is.
    I have to say my 4 bet range is incredibly tight against most low stakes opponents; unless I know you can get a little out of line with your three bet range, I'm only 4 betting AA, KK, and AKs. Even a lot of the opponents that I know to be quite loose still have a really tight 3 bet range.
    edited April 2017
    Right, but your 3-bet range is not that tight. So my point really was that to some of these regulars, 3-bet range is AA/KK. Therefore, a 4-bet at the table can only mean we have AA vs. KK matchup.
    For sure, I totally agree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file