RCP Meetup 2017 and visiting US/Las Vegas 2-3 months

RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭✭
Hi everybody,
I've read the announcement for the next RCP meetup. As I'm living in Europa, from Switzerland but moving around, so I can't just drop by to say hello.
I'm also looking for my next sabbatical stop after Budapest, i.e. from Mai. Lucerne (Switzerland) and Vienna (Austria) are possibilities. But hey, Las Vegas could be an (expensive) idea too - staying there for some months (as long as possible to make profitable the 1000$ air ticket). To play in the so famous Las Vegas once, to visit some other places / other places in the USA, and to meet redchippers.

So I was wondering about the opportunity to live in Las Vegas for ~2,5-3 months (~ May- end July), as I'm allow in the US for 90 without VISA, close to the poker room / the Strip:
- Is it expensive to live in Las Vegas (next to the Strip) i.e. including food, going out, etc. ?
- There are not that many airbnb places available for a so long period (and all 600$ / month or more). Are the price ok? Any other places I should look for?
- Do many redchipper live in Las Vegas ?
- Does this idea sounds legit or totally crazy?

Comments

• ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a totally legit idea to me. The rest I will let others who live locally (Veagas) comment on.

Twitter = @ChipXtractor
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ChipXtractor for the feedback

Any Las Vegas / nearby locals in here? :) Thanks in advance
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,032 -
    Idea sounds awesome. This is what being young and single is all about =)

1. Reach out to some AirBnB hosts. Most would be happy to offer you a discounted price if you lock up their place for 2-3 months (they like guaranteed income instead of just hoping they lock in a weekend here and there). Unfortunately that's the busiest time of year for them - so act quickly.
    2. There are quite a few - but they are the quieter RCP members ime.
    3. Sounds awesome. Not sure you need 2-3 months to justify it - but if you can swing it by all means do it =)
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yep, but LV mostly because of the RCP meetup (otherwise I would stay in Europa I guess)

Good to know... Is there any good poker place in rural Ohio? :D [joking]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file