Hand #2

BlayoBlayo Red Chipper Posts: 46
edited April 2017 in Live Workbook (Vol 1)
I see the first thread under mine is also hand 2 but I wanted to see if I'm doing this correctly ( I know everyone has different ranges). By starting my own thread it doesn't "spoil" anything for me I guess.

New to the hand reading "scene" and just started this workbook. Here we go.

We're opening 23.1% when it folds to us. Super nit behind us so we know he's not 3betting us light and the button is an unknown, most likely not super aggressive, and the SB is boring so we know he's also not three betting us light. Allows us to steal wider. That said, 306 combos. 22-AA, SCs 67^, A9o^, A2s^, K9s^, Q10s^, Q10o^, K10o^. Think that's it.

BB calls us and he is super spewy. Flop is :Jh:8s:4c

Since opponent is super spewy we're going to continue to bet with 37.3 (103 combos) of hands for value. those hands include 44,88-AA, Any Jack, the few 8s we have in our range and the only draw we're betting here is 910s (4 combos). We're choosing not to bet missed Ax hands and KQ because we don't expect to generate many folds against this type of opponent on this flop and we likely have to fire a turn to get anywhere and this person may call anyways. So that's why we're not doing that. There are many hands that Villain can call with that are worse than all the hands we're betting with. All of his 8s, smaller pairs, over cards he might have, gutters, and any Jack he may have.

Turn is :Jc

I believe this is pretty close to a brick for us, obviously if either of us has a Jack it's great. We choose to bet again, 2/3s pot. That, to me, looks like 89.3% of our flop betting range which is 75 combos. We're betting 44,88-AA, all of our jacks, Only draw we bet here is 910c specifically.

AA: We're betting for value. A lot of hands that villain can continue with that we beat. He has 99/1010, he can call with any 8, gutters, any weird flush draw he might have picked up on the turn (A8c making perfect sense), any since he's spewy maybe even worse pairs. A second Jack looks good, makes it less likely that either of us has it.

TT: We're betting this for value as well. He can have all things mentioned above, and 1 combo of TT exactly.

Draws: We're not betting Q10 which was our only gutter on the flop and I think (In my breakdown while I was doing the hand) we're only betting the Q10c on the flop and probably only someone of the time, I think I weighted in flopzilla. We'd bet 9/10c only. Maybe we should check them for the same reason we wouldn't bet over cards, to try and realize the equity of the hand since we know he's super sticky/spewy ( I think they go hand in hand).

River is :3S: Brick city and great for most of our range. Our draws miss, the few that we had.

We're betting with 94.4% (68 combos) of our turn betting range.

The page asks if we would bet $140 with our entire range, or would we bet different amounts with certain hand strengths.

Trips good kicker (A/K): 140 seems like a good amount, maybe a little large for him to call with an 8 or 99/TT. he'd obviously call, and possible raise with a Jack, in which case we'd be happy to get in with AJ or KJ. It's tough seeing him with a Jack here since he didn't raise the turn or bet the river. He's an action guy and it seems less likely that's he's slow-playing a monster.

Overpair. We're betting them. We're obviously getting value-owned to a Jack but there's a lot of hands a spewy player could call with. 99-TT, any 8, and possibly smaller pairs that don't believe us. That's the glory of this player type, they find calls with hands that we can't comprehend.

Bluffs. We don't have many bluffs in our range here. Missed combo draws and that's it. We're not betting them, I'd usually give up at this point and not try to bluff this player type.

What isn't mentioned is 99/TT. At first thought (Devoid of any math) I think we can bet TT for value almost always. after I finish this write up I plan to go to Flopzilla and try to map his range, i've never done that before. I weighted 99 and decided i'd only bet them 1/2 the time. Reasoning is he might find a call with an 8 and smaller pair.

I know this is super wordy but I wanted to be thorough. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    Why do you think the spewy player won't fold often enough on this flop?
  • BlayoBlayo Red Chipper Posts: 46
    tripletire wrote: »
    Why do you think the spewy player won't fold often enough on this flop?
    I assume that because he's "spewy" his is also" Sticky. It's possible that I'm too loosely associating them. That coupled with the fact that I know these hands go to all three streets has probably skewed my judgement. These range breakdowns are new to me, tough to say what I'd do in real time. Now that I think about it I'd probably cbet some Ace highs but what should we be checking back on this board against this opponent type?

• tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    I would guess spewy here means he is too loose at every point , sticky when he does have a hand, and likes to occasionally toss his money away when he senses weakness.

I think it's a leak not to cbet here, as villain will have lots of folds even with the two somewhat connected cards. We want folds with all of our Ax, etc. as we will be eating up his equity and tend to have lots of air here too.

Against this player I'm going to disregard balance, it's kinda pointless against an opponent who will never know the difference. I'd likely check back 99-TT, A8s, marginal value. Maybe the occasional top set but I'd rather reserve that for boards like J62r, as villain is so very unlikely to have good enough holdings and pay us off three streets there. I'd be c-betting the vast majority of the time here though, including all draws and strong jacks, and I don't expect to get exploited because of it.
  • BlayoBlayo Red Chipper Posts: 46
    tripletire wrote: »
    I would guess spewy here means he is too loose at every point , sticky when he does have a hand, and likes to occasionally toss his money away when he senses weakness.

I think it's a leak not to cbet here, as villain will have lots of folds even with the two somewhat connected cards. We want folds with all of our Ax, etc. as we will be eating up his equity and tend to have lots of air here too.

Against this player I'm going to disregard balance, it's kinda pointless against an opponent who will never know the difference. I'd likely check back 99-TT, A8s, marginal value. Maybe the occasional top set but I'd rather reserve that for boards like J62r, as villain is so very unlikely to have good enough holdings and pay us off three streets there. I'd be c-betting the vast majority of the time here though, including all draws and strong jacks, and I don't expect to get exploited because of it.

Thank you for your perspective. One of my leaks is I'm not sure what do on flops I miss. Sometimes I feel like I cbet too much. Sometimes I feel I Cbet too little.

When we cbet our Ax high hands and the board pair and we don't improve, when our we firing again? Are we firing blank turns, or only turn where we pick up equity? Are certain spots where you lean more strongly towards one side?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file