a plan for building online bank roll?

Crush4602Crush4602 Red Chipper Posts: 29 ✭✭
Forgive me if this has already been discussed somewhere. Feel free to point me in that direction if so. I have been playing mostly live poker. I live in Florida but I seem to be able to play online at ACR (although I haven't yet tried to cash anything out). If I wanted to start playing micros I'm wondering what would be a good, solid plan of action to move my way through the stakes. In other words if I want to start with say $100 deposit, where should I start? >05/.10? How many buy ins should I have? What should be my goals for each session? Should I play for 3 hours or stop when I double up ? Should I be thinking in terms of bb's per session?

Just looking for a solid plan to start playing from home more outside of playing live tournaments twice a week as I have been. I've read the course, i have the MTT crash course as well as the gripsed mtt bundle and @Doug Hull range infographic. I'm willing to purchase pokertracker as well. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭
    How much is only up to how much of your life roll you want to turn into poker roll. There is no right answer to these ind of BR questions so just pick anything reasonable then get to work playing/study. Put your focus on getting better at poker everyday and the bankroll will take care of itself.

That said simple play = start with 20 buy ins and take shots at next level when you have more than 20 buy ins for bigger game. Move down anytime you drop below the 20 buys ins. Play as long as you are feeling good / playing good and ignore the short term results of each session.
  • Crush4602Crush4602 Red Chipper Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Thank you @kenaces. You answered my question perfectly.
  • Crush4602Crush4602 Red Chipper Posts: 29 ✭✭
    One more question @kenaces: if I'm playing 4 tables, should I have 20 buy-ins per table?
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭
    Crush4602 wrote: »
    One more question @kenaces: if I'm playing 4 tables, should I have 20 buy-ins per table?

no need for 80 buy in roll :)

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,034 -
    Crush4602 wrote: »

Nope, just 20BI overall.

Keep in mind that 20BI is the "average answer" that you'll see as an answer to "how many BI should I have?" It's not perfect, but it's a decent starting point =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file