I got confused w/KK, teach me.

needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 67 ✭✭
I know I prob should have 4b pre here?
I think I should have raised the flop?
Should I have folded the turn?
The river?

Villain is playing pretty straight forward (small sample). Feels like a 10% ish range. I wanted to disguise my hand strength, am I just being foolish, nitty? In a tournament situation, I'm raising 100% of the time, pre for sure.

Even though it's cash and stacks are deeper, should I still just try to get it in & hope I run into QQ, JJ, TT, AK, etc.?

As I'm typing this, I'm kind of like duh, played this super passive, but I heard @SplitSuit say in a podcast that he often used to have these 'duh' moments when typing up a hand history for a forum, but to go ahead and post the hand anyways.

So let it rip-

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.25 NL - Holdem - 7 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $25.00 (VPIP: 13.64, PFR: 11.36, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 44)
SB: $12.24 (VPIP: 65.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)
BB: $25.00
UTG: $32.32 (VPIP: 15.91, PFR: 13.64, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 44)
Hero (UTG+1): $40.03
MP: $25.00 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 19.44, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 36)
CO: $10.22 (VPIP: 65.22, PFR: 4.35, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:spade: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.70, MP raises to $2.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.35, 2 players) 3:heart: J:spade: 3:club:
Hero checks, MP bets $2.54, Hero calls $2.54

Turn: ($10.43, 2 players) A:spade:
Hero checks, MP bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00

River: ($22.43, 2 players) 2:heart:
Hero checks, MP bets $13.96 and is all-in, fold

Comments

• bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you played it too poorly. I'm not familiar with this villain's 3B strategy, but if they're playing straightforward, and we assume a 3B range of JJ+, AK, then you are pretty far ahead of this range. Anyway, I don't mind the flat with KK from time to time PF. However, I think you may end up with more information if you do 4B. You take control of this hand and get him to better define his range.

Using this range of JJ+, AK, assuming villain will CB with QQ+, AK (check JJ), then you're still in great shape. Check raising will likely get value from QQ, fold out AK, and perhaps get 3B by KK & AA. Now, on the turn, when the A falls, this is terrible. Now, if he does have AK, he's ahead. Also, he may check back hands like KK and QQ on this turn--making his range way ahead of KK. Now, when he jams the river, he will certainly do this with AK and AA. So, using this range, it's an obvious fold.

Outside of the range (which, I may be way too narrow), but the line he took just looks very strong. 3 bet, bet, bet, bet is rarely a bluff. I think you ran into JJ, AA, or AK. So, using this line to back into his range, still gets me to a pretty nutted range on the river.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file