Wine

chimerachimera Red Chipper Posts: 96 ✭✭
Has anybody tried to run Flop Falcon on a Mac under Wine?

I'm quite taken by the idea of the software but only have a Mac and as FF doesn't have a trial period I am unwilling to pay fir it before I know whether it will run.

Comments

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    Chimera,

If it does not work, let me know and I will refund. That is the policy.

Doug
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • derdonkerderdonker San Jose, CA USARed Chipper Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Wine might work; however, I suggest running FF and other apps (Flopzilla) in Windows inside a VM on Mac. FF needs at least 2-3GB or RAM, so your Mac needs at least 4GB ram in the VM. Hence, your mac would probably need 8GB+ ram.

For VMs, I suggest VirtualBox. https://www.virtualbox.org

Doug, I upgraded one of my macs with 16GB ram. I'll try FF again, with more ram allocated to the Windows VM. I'll re-purchase and let you know how it performs in a WIndows VM, and how much ram is needed.
  • chimerachimera Red Chipper Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Flopzilla runs fine under wine. I'm not really looking at going down the VM line as adding the cost of a windows licence is an unreasonable expense.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    chimera wrote: »
    Flopzilla runs fine under wine. I'm not really looking at going down the VM line as adding the cost of a windows licence is an unreasonable expense.

If you ever see Windows 7 on sale, snap-buy it and the VM becomes the best thing ever. A VM was the only way I was even able to use a Mac for a year (before I had to do a full-commit back to full Windows lol)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • Mike VMike V Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @chimera Did you get FF to work with WINE? I have a Mac too and so far no luck.
  • chimerachimera Red Chipper Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Mike V wrote: »
    @chimera Did you get FF to work with WINE? I have a Mac too and so far no luck.

I haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking wintricks will be need like for Flopzilla.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file