My Everyday Goals

Ranadeep PRanadeep P Red Chipper Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited April 2017 in Challenge Forum
Hello friends,Ranadeep again and this time I am writing here because of two reasons! One is to break down my 2017 GOALS in smaller ones,which is easy to accomplish and also track!!

But it is not easy to do So as I am going to show you here,I already created my daily Goals in Ms word and tried to follow those!!And here is what happened for the last 3 days...
But first sharing my Daily goals here!!
1)Will awake at 8am every morning and do some jogging for 1hr(Failed)

2)Will Study Poker everyday for 3 hrs(watching videos included)(Failed)

3)Will walk 2km everyday afternoon!!(Doing Great)

4)Will practise my Chess everyday for 2 hrs in the evening!!(Doing Great)

5)Will do 20mins meditation before sleep Everyday!(Failed)

These are the last three days statistics,and though I watched few Poker Vids or read some poker articles,I marked it as failed because I didn't follow the goals perfectly outlined!!

As James "SplitSuit" POINTED OUT in his podcast that being honest what you are doing is as important as following your goal!!

So,summary is I breakdown my goals in smaller steps for easy compilation and I still have to focus more on my mindset as I am failing,so need to work on those areas!!

But,I can say with confidence that I am going straight and right and very Happy!!

Thanks Splitsuit and his team for doing great Job here!! Lets see what is in the Future!!! :)
Tagged:

Comments

• kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bj+fogg

watch some of these and you might get a few ideas on how to make new habits stick :)
  • Ranadeep PRanadeep P Red Chipper Posts: 36 ✭✭
    kenaces wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bj+fogg

watch some of these and you might get a few ideas on how to make new habits stick :)

Thanks a lot kenaces,really great video!! Appreciate a lot it Pal!!
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,930 -
    At first glace it looks like you are setting yourself up for failure. Unless you normally wake up at 8:15am and do 45min of jogging, and thus your current goals are iterative improvements - your goals and their hourly commitment are HUGE.

Either make multiple iterative improvements OR a single huge one at a time imo.
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    At first glace it looks like you are setting yourself up for failure. Unless you normally wake up at 8:15am and do 45min of jogging, and thus your current goals are iterative improvements - your goals and their hourly commitment are HUGE.

Either make multiple iterative improvements OR a single huge one at a time imo.

Thanks James for pointing to the right direction,as I am writing this now....I am already in my 5th day,and I get what you are saying....going wrong but thank you!!

So here I edited it as you told.....
    1) waking everyday at 8:15 am !
    2)jogging for 45 mins everyday!
    3)Study poker for 2 hrs in the morning!(Currently reading Theory of poker with Harrington alongside)
    4)walk everyday 2km !
    And 5)Study chess for 2 hrs in the evening!

And next month I will start to watch Mtt crash course vids as I can grasp more in the videos,as I will subscribe next moth in Pro membership!!!

Again thank you very much James for guiding me right time!!
    In the meantime,I am reading one article and listening 1 podcast everyday!!
    And those are helping me in my study !!!
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,930 -
    I think my suggests were taken a bit too much at face-value =)

My point about 8:15 and 45min was not to make those the goal points. Rather, if you normally woke up at 8:15 and jogged for 45min - it would be a good iterative goal to now wake up at 8am and do 60min of jogging. If you normally wake up at 10:30am and do 0 minutes of jogging - the 8am/60min goal would be doomed imo.

Right now you are setting yourself up for about 1.5hrs of exercise and 4hrs of study each day. That's a HUGE goal and likely setting yourself up for failure unless you are kind of close to those amounts of hours right now...
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭
    i agree with spit and rewatch more of the videos on that list above i sent you - learning to create tiny habit that can grow has been very helpful strategy for me
    Hey James,good news is I am doing it for the last 2days,except waking at 8:15 A.m :(

For the last 2 days,I am waking up at 8:45 A.m......so,will be working on it more this week and surely I can do this!!

And,yes studying exactly as I told here,as a Chess Player...I have to read a Lot and that is not a big problem for me, just managed my time to do so,now I am studying Poker in morning and Practice chess in the evening!!

And James,I am ready for huge Commitment and doing it already!!

Thank you very much James,It was you who inspired me .......awesome Podcast!!

I am ready for the Hard work and no matter what is the assignment,I will complete it surely,I am confident !!

And,James listened a great Podcast yesterday,It was on great Poker advise......and it was great!!
    Learned few valuable things and will remember them surely!!

Mostly,that part when you told " we can control two things....action and reaction"

Thanks James and please correct me,if I am doing anything wrong!!

As,I am reading Sklansky and Harrington now,is it right,will you suggest anything else or watching some videos with it!!?

Looking forward for your Reply!!

Have a Great day James,and Good afternoon!!

Cheers,Rony
    kenaces wrote: »
    i agree with spit and rewatch more of the videos on that list above i sent you - learning to create tiny habit that can grow has been very helpful strategy for me

Thanks Kenaces,I just watched two vids on that list,really helpful and will follow what you told....
    First,Tiny habit and then grow it [Nice idea]
    Concrete and Methodical

But,I alraedy started Poker wrong way,So Correcting myself now and this time I need to do it in less time!!

But,as you guys are guiding me,I am confident..this time everything will be good as I hope!!

Have a Great day Kenaces and Good afternoon!!

Cheers,Rony
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭
    Ranadeep P wrote: »
    1)Will awake at 8am every morning and do some jogging for 1hr(Failed)

2)Will Study Poker everyday for 3 hrs(watching videos included)(Failed)

3)Will walk 2km everyday afternoon!!(Doing Great)

4)Will practise my Chess everyday for 2 hrs in the evening!!(Doing Great)

5)Will do 20mins meditation before sleep Everyday!(Failed)

Wow, those are some serious time commitments. Not sure what else you have going on during the day, but if you have time for this stuff, then great--but it sounds like perhaps you don't. If this was all you needed to do during a day, then you should not fail, but if you have some other stuff to fit in, then these goals are going to be tough to meet.

3 hours of poker study per day is a lot. Especially if you're bouncing around on topics. Might be better to dedicate say, one hour, and focus on a single topic. Might get more bang for you buck. Also, I noticed you're "Doing Great" at playing Chess. So, perhaps Poker isn't a true passion for you?
    Hey bigburg,you are right.....tough but not Impossible!! And as I am writing this,I am doing great in every area :)

It was difficult at first but now everything going good but the exception is I am studying poker for 2 hrs everyday!!
    Chess is my profession and I am self employed,also give chess coaching local students here and online!!

I am also working in software devlopment firm temporary,but will quit when I will play poker professionally,it will give me more freedom,help me to
    Meet great personalities,travel and learn more!!!

But lately,Poker gained my attention and love the game very much,found my passion in it so working hard :)

And I am also studying single topic everyday,,,,,watching vids on that topic and trying to understand the basics !!

But thanks for your post !!!
  • CarrieCarrie Red Chipper Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Any updates?! I love your energy!!
    edited November 16
    Carrie wrote: »
    Any updates?! I love your energy!!

Yes Carrie,there are lot to share with you all red chippers here!! I came back here after 1 yr and just want to say this 1yr was a hell of a time for me!!

After I joined here back then,and started poker seriously suddenly my Mom fell very sick and I was very worried about her! so,first I gave her my first priority and looked after her well !! this year,February she had a major operation and now she is completely fine and she recovered well !!

Now after full 1yr,she is now in good health and now she is all again in good shape :)
    And I am very happy inside as she is my everything I can say ..

Back to poker,I did not not even had a time to give poker as I was looking after her and running my Chess academy but now situation have changed and I again have time for poker now,and I am very happy thinking it :)

It was a very difficult time for me but now I will again start what I left...

So again,M here and now and I am more mature inside as person and a player I think as hard time teach you the reality of life at its core!!

I will start the same routine again from next month as it will take time to fit me in same routine and I also will not leave poker behind as I want to be a Poker pro and I will do everything needed to fulfill it !!

I hope James and all the red chip team and all the red chippers with me in this journey as they said together we will be successful !!

And Carrie,thanks for your nice words and I will share my updates weekly from now on till I reach to the level of Pro :)

Wish you all a great weekend guys and Take care !!

Cheers,Rony

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file