Video Downloads?

Craig SCraig S Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi I recently joined the site and am loving the videos and find the forum very active

Is there anyway that you can download the videos for offline viewing, where I work there is no internet but I get long breaks that I intend to use for studying

I cant find an option for downloads, Is this because I'm still on my first week trial or are there no downloads on this site

Thanks in advance

Comments

• hellohellokittyhellohellokitty Red Chipper Posts: 52 ✭✭
    We used to be able to download the videos, but not anymore. I used to love to watch the videos on planes and while eating my lunch at work.
  • Craig SCraig S Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Do you know why it was cancelled?

It's a make or break feature for me as most of my day I don't have internet access

I cant even download the videos the a web browser with extensions and find buying a screen capturing software just for this is a bit too far
    Well they used to have each video available for one month and then they switched to being able to see almost all the videos that were made for Red Chip, but you can't download them.

I wish we could find a happy medium where you can download the videos, but they have a time limit.....isn't that how Netflix does things now? :)

Also, we lost some videos and I am not sure why......it must be expensive to host each video?

I don't mean to sound like I am complaining! This is a great site! :) The course videos from Ed are amazing. You could read the book at work and then come home and watch the videos for each of the sections. :) Or watch a video and write down some thoughts about the video while you are at work and come back to watch the video again.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as I know, you can't download vids - but you can the podcasts.

i'm pretty sure it's a business decision.
    it's probably to deter guys from sharing videos - or signing up for a 7-day free trial, then downloading everything and cancelling subscription. (I know you wouldn't do that - but there are others that would.)

most are these vids really aren't meant to be watched while at work or performing some other activity... they're really meant to be interactive and force you to think, take notes and anticipate "correct" answers. this is how you'll get the most out of them.

for folks with limited internet access, I guess there's always Starbucks?
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,862 -
    It was mostly a technology and tech-support decision.

We spent a ton of time helping people download, explaining what a .ZIP file is. Going back to help with files they missed three months ago.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
    kagey wrote: »
    as far as I know, you can't download vids - but you can the podcasts.

most are these vids really aren't meant to be watched while at work or performing some other activity... they're really meant to be interactive and force you to think, take notes and anticipate "correct" answers. this is how you'll get the most out of them.

While I was at work eating my lunch was the most un-distracted part of my day! I would have to teach early classes and evening classes no cared if I shut my office door in the middle of the day and did my own thing for an hour or two. Craig might be in this situation as well. The point is not everyone has access to the internet when they have otherwise perfect study time.
  • Steve007Steve007 Red Chipper Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Back when we could download videos, we couldn't watch videos that came out in previous months unless we paid more for them, and I remember being disappointed about that when I first joined because I only got 9 videos instead of dozens of videos that I thought I would be getting.

It was a complaint I'd seen from others as well. They said other sites let you watch all the videos, so this site should let you do that too.

I think the site is much better today than it used to be.

Another complaint was "9 videos came out this month but only 3 of them are useful to me."

Also this site didn't have the podcasts back then.
    Steve007 wrote: »
    I think the site is much better today than it used to be.

I agree overall. I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. My apologies to all. It's the only site I am a member of now even though there are lots of good ones out there.

• DabbyDabby Red Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Allowing people to download the videos is certainly a gamble. Like Kagey said, there are plenty of people that would either download all the videos from the trial week, or they would most likely not continue a membership if they were able to just download everything, then cancel.

Of course there are plenty of people like you, who have an actual reason for downloading them. So I imagine that's a tough choice for the RCP staff. From a tech nerd standpoint, I could think of a few ways to have the videos available to you offline. But I would not want to be the one to put that out there. Especially if the reasoning for not making them available for download is the reason I listed above.

Might I suggest taking some of your hand history, and studying it via flopzilla or something? Also (obviously) any sort of reading material or the podcast are of course able to be made available offline. Books that are available in PDF form are great.
    I hope you find a way to get your study in one way or another!
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    Yeah - this is something we've gone back and forth on and right now we are committed to a streaming-only membership. It would be awesome to have it like Netflex where you can have X number of videos DL-ed for Y amount of time - but unfortunately we don't have that tech ability right now.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file